What are your headliner choices for Glastonbury 2022?

gooner1990

Kendrick Sunday is all I can say with certainty atm. Everything else depends on the final hand we are dealt.

Billie, Paul, Simz, Foals, The Damned are all acts I'm sure I'd have fun at if the line up deems me free to go along.

6 minutes ago, downtherabbithole said:

saw them in a tent at Bestival 2011 doing their Screamadelica set and they were really great. Then I saw them supporting the stones two years later at Glasto and they looked like a different band. So flat and average

I saw them headline the Other Stage in 2011 and thought they were great....then saw them in 2013 before the Rolling Stones and they were completely off.

Hoping that maybe a JPT tent might suit them better?

20 minutes ago, Calvin Klein said:

They would be an absolute must see if they went back to late 90s/early 2000s lineup and setlist. 

Oh, for sure.

But they're a band that just about everyone has seen half a dozen times, and there's almost no chance that they're going to match what went before.

24 minutes ago, Calvin Klein said:

They would be an absolute must see if they went back to late 90s/early 2000s lineup and setlist. 

Aren't they touring Screamadelica this year? Unmissable for this punter. Managed to get a brand new official Screamadelica t-shirt over the past couple of gig-free years. Along with quite few others. 

Currently (may be affected by announcements):

Friday: Little Simz

Saturday: Paul McCartney*

Sunday: Kendrick Lamar 

*Macca is my weakest commitment. At the very least I’ll leave early for my SE Corner evening.

Edited by kalifire
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, rubick said:

Aren't they touring Screamadelica this year? Unmissable for this punter. Managed to get a brand new official Screamadelica t-shirt over the past couple of gig-free years. Along with quite few others. 

Think they said GF is just a regular show, not a Screamadelica one.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Think they said GF is just a regular show, not a Screamadelica one.

Well, still the biggest draw for me so far for the Friday headline slot. I've seen them do a Screamadelica set years ago in Belfast, with Andrew Weatherall DJing before it. A fine evening.

Foals / unsure / PSB or Bicep

Four tet / caribou hopefully on fri/sat would beat out foals

Glass Animals would beat out all of these if they are in a headline slot, also Chemical Brothers if their dj set is headliner time.

@gooner1990 nobody in our group of 8 is bothered either - no big draws away though for some people so we'll see.

Edited by gfa

18 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

When we've got all the official announcements in we can have a poll for each night. Be interesting to see how well she scores.

On my clashfinder prediction she's got less highlights than Caribou and Happy Mondays 

image.png.48b95a0b1432b32a7e04bf3ed2c5f2cc.png

Edited by the wonderwhy

1 minute ago, gfa said:

Foals / unsure / PSB or Bicep

Four tet / caribou hopefully on fri/sat would beat out foals

Glass Animals would beat out all of these if they are in a headline slot, also Chemical Brothers if their dj set is headliner time.

@gooner1990 nobody in our group of 8 is bothered either - no big draws away though for some people so we'll see.

Her music just isn't what I'm into and I think its the same for the others, no objection to her headlining and good luck to her but I know I'll have a better time elsewhere (hopefully at Primal Scream unless something else crops up)

Just now, gooner1990 said:

Her music just isn't what I'm into and I think its the same for the others, no objection to her headlining and good luck to her but I know I'll have a better time elsewhere (hopefully at Primal Scream unless something else crops up)

Yeah definitely - she's big enough for sure just not bothered by her one bit

1 hour ago, gooner1990 said:

Just looking at the line up and rumours, plus I was also discussing this with a mate last night now we are starting to get a bit closer to the festival itself and things are starting to fall into place.....currently I'm leaning towards this:

Friday - Primal Scream - JPT

Saturday - Paul McCartney  - Pyramid

Sunday - Bicep - West Holts

10000000000% this.

17 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Currently (may be affected by announcements):

Friday: Little Simz

Saturday: Paul McCartney*

Sunday: Kendrick Lamar 

*Macca is my weakest commitment. At the very least I’ll leave early for my SE Corner evening and escape the middle class Hey Jude cringe fest. 

Am I allowed a working class Hey Jude sing along?

Still up in the air, but also a discussion that is coming to fruition within my group..

Friday: Bonobo (WH)

Saturday: Macca / Calvin Harris (if he's that day on the 8 legged spectacle..)

Sunday: Bicep / FDC

First G where I've been very indifferent for any headliner.. Have to see how it plays out.

Friday: It's between Foals & Little Simz at the moment unless something else jumps out closer to the time.

Saturday: Macca, obvs.

Sunday: PSB from what's been announced so far although Bicep if that get's confirmed.

In reality Macca is my only must see headliner. I'll probably just go with the flow for the others.