Official Leftfield Announcement

blutarsky

I will admit that the Leftfield is, yet again, a stage I've spent little to no time at. Despite the acts and discussions always being very much to my taste. 

One thing the individual area announcements really highlights to me is how much time I spend at the "main" stages. 

17 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

A little gutted that Bob Vylan isn't on the line up though I did think he'd be perfect. 

Asked Bob on Instagram live last night if they were playing Glasto this year and he ignored it, someone asked him straight away after if they were playing Reading and Leeds and he said they weren’t this year. Really hope they play but you’re right, leftfield felt like the most obvious place for them. Maybe they’ll appear somewhere in shangri la? 

1 minute ago, zeppelin said:

I will admit that the Leftfield is, yet again, a stage I've spent little to no time at. Despite the acts and discussions always being very much to my taste. 

One thing the individual area announcements really highlights to me is how much time I spend at the "main" stages. 

One of my friends was just saying that but she is bringing her 3 year old this year so that will be all change for her. I've obviously spent most of my time at main stages as well but I do usually see at least a couple of acts a day at smaller stages. 

Just now, jonnyisRFC said:

Asked Bob on Instagram live last night if they were playing Glasto this year and he ignored it, someone asked him straight away after if they were playing Reading and Leeds and he said they weren’t this year. Really hope they play but you’re right, leftfield felt like the most obvious place for them. Maybe they’ll appear somewhere in shangri la? 

Yes possibly hoping they are not a 3am act as I'm not a late night Glastonbury person. I wake up too early by default! 

16 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Wondering how precious I am about seeing the very start of Macca and getting a decent spot.

Dashing from the end of Noel to Yard Act and then back to the Pyramid is doable.

I'd say a decent spot. First half of macca will have a lot of talkers imo. 

2 minutes ago, Ashl said:

What is the Radical Round up? Is it all those acts playing in quick succession? I've never been to one to find out!

It's those acts and Billy Bragg all sat on stage taking turns to play songs and sometimes collaborating, it's always good.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ashl said:

What is the Radical Round up? Is it all those acts playing in quick succession? I've never been to one to find out!

One act does a number, Billy has a chat, another one of the three does a number, Billy has a chat. They very occasionally so something together. They are all on stage and appreciating eachother - its fun.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, LinvoyPrimus said:

Yola!! Hopefully she pulls double-duty somewhere else because it's unlikely I'm going to be spending my Sunday night in Leftfield.

I have to agree, very strange stage for her to be on. It's not that big. If nothing else is on thats where I'll be. If anyones not heard her she is amazing. Her set in the Avalon 2019 was brilliant. An amazing voice.

8 minutes ago, One Tonne Baby said:

Always have the same debate with Leftfield. Tons of talks I’d be interested in but sort of see Glasto as a remedy to the daily anxiety of what’s going on in the world and don’t Particularly want to get into that mindset whilst there. We’ll see.

I'm exactly the same, in 20 years I've only been in once and that was to see The Beat play when the tent was in its old spot.

How balanced are the debates? Are they angsty? If they're made up of people from all backgrounds and persuasions rationally and good naturally discussing the matters of the day then I might be tempted to stick my head in, that's definitely something the world needs more of. I avoid going in though as the last thing I'd want is to leave the tent feeling all wound up! Unwinding is very much the order of the day for me that weekend 🙂

Edited by Junglist1981
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, One Tonne Baby said:

Always have the same debate with Leftfield. Tons of talks I’d be interested in but sort of see Glasto as a remedy to the daily anxiety of what’s going on in the world and don’t Particularly want to get into that mindset whilst there. We’ll see.

They should do that bit on Thursday evening, live debate about if you want to see debates on Leftfield during the rest of the weekend.

1 minute ago, fightoffyour said:

They should do that bit on Thursday evening, live debate about if you want to see debates on Leftfield during the rest of the weekend.

Yes was just saying to my friend if they did the debates on Wednesday and Thursday I'd be interested but generally once the festival starts proper I'm looking for happier vibes. 

Some really good names for the debates though. 

1 hour ago, jonnyisRFC said:

I got ignored when I asked on Twitter. Fingers crossed. 

51 minutes ago, Divein said:

Does this mean Jamie Webster isn’t actually mates with Paddy Pimblett? 

I’ll be giving that stage the widest of berths when he’s on.  

Don't follow this? What's the connection / lack of connection between them?

52 minutes ago, Junglist1981 said:

How balanced are the debates? Are they angsty? If they're made up of people from all backgrounds and persuasions rationally and good naturally discussing the matters of the day then I might be tempted to stick my head in, that's definitely something the world needs more of. I avoid going in though as the last thing I'd want is to leave the tent feeling all wound up! Unwinding is very much the order of the day for me that weekend 🙂

If by balanced debate you mean representation from different sides of politics, you won’t find that there. Leftfield is a place for the left, as Billy Bragg once angrily shouted at someone who dared to suggest some balance might be nice.