Forum functionality

Twiggy553

5 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

You can also go into your:

Account Settings -> Content View Behavior -> When opening content... -> Take me to comments I haven't read

Then you can click on the thread title and it does the chosen action above.

Thanks for this tip, just gone and changed my settings!

• Like 1

Just now, Toto Schillaci said:

While this topic is on the front page can the devs do coming about the pages jumping around due to ads? Add a fixed height to their container. Lost count of how many times I've gone to click a thread only for the page to jump and I end up in another thread!

1st world probs, I know...

a very easy solution is gold membership .... might not be the exact answer you require though .. its worth every penny to have an add free site 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

a very easy solution is gold membership .... might not be the exact answer you require though .. its worth every penny to have an add free site 

This served as a reminder to me.

After 14 years as a member I've gone gold. Given this is my 7,000 post it's definitely a long time overdue!

Thanks for all you do @Neil

45 minutes ago, Toto Schillaci said:

While this topic is on the front page can the devs do coming about the pages jumping around due to ads? Add a fixed height to their container. Lost count of how many times I've gone to click a thread only for the page to jump and I end up in another thread!

Have you tried using adblock? 

46 minutes ago, Toto Schillaci said:

Try ad block. Works well for me.

52 minutes ago, Toto Schillaci said:

eFests Gold

8 minutes ago, Toto Schillaci said:

Not sure if that was in reference to me…

It was genuine feedback which will help with organic ranking if actioned.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone else.

Think it’s a ref to those suggesting you use Adblock … 

6 hours ago, Pear_Cider said:

Or, on the right of the thread where it says who the last poster was, underneath their name you can click the link that says when the last post was made. Takes you straight there! 😀  

Doesn't work if you aren't logged in, which is annoying as I browse on my work laptop (but don't post)