GLASTO number plate for sale

Chesh

After many years of owning this iconic festival plate, the time has come to sell.

It’s been seen and photographed too many times to mention. 

Can be assigned to any vehicle from 1989 onwards. 
Currently on retention so it can be assigned very quickly. 

Arrive to GLASTO in style this year!

Email me if interested - p.w@mail.co.uk 

E225AA73-7A1D-47E1-91A7-12EF2F51EE50.jpeg

F7025E06-702E-42A1-ABD6-D0E25FB0FFB6.jpeg

Edited by Chesh

4 hours ago, Chesh said:

After many years of owning this iconic festival plate, the time has come to sell.

It’s been seen and photographed too many times to mention. 

Can be assigned to any vehicle from 1989 onwards. 
Currently on retention so it can be assigned very quickly. 

Arrive to GLASTO in style this year!

Email me if interested - p.w@mail.co.uk 

E225AA73-7A1D-47E1-91A7-12EF2F51EE50.jpeg

F7025E06-702E-42A1-ABD6-D0E25FB0FFB6.jpeg

Hello Chesh,

Apologies, as I'm not in the market for that number plate. However, I am interested in how you acquired such a plate? Are you able / willing to tell? I am specifically interested if you were able to assist in the identification of the plate and its sale to you, or whether you just stumbled across it?

No need to worry about 'not telling' if its's something you would like to keep close to your chest. 

10 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello Chesh,

Apologies, as I'm not in the market for that number plate. However, I am interested in how you acquired such a plate? Are you able / willing to tell? I am specifically interested if you were able to assist in the identification of the plate and its sale to you, or whether you just stumbled across it?

No need to worry about 'not telling' if its's something you would like to keep close to your chest. 

Not a problem. 
I’ve bought and sold plates for many years. 
I’ve been an avid fan and ‘Glasto goer’ for 20 years and bought the plate direct from DVLA when I saw that it was still available back in the mid 90s  

it’s been on various cars and campervans over the years, but I’ve decided that it’s time to sell. 

it’s always been a lot of fun driving to the festival with the plate and it’s constantly been photographed over the years en-route and on the site itself. 
I also used to own FE57VAL which I sold some time ago. 

I appreciate that it won’t appeal to everyone (as the first couple of replies confirm), but that’s ok…. Someone out there will appreciate it and hopefully it’ll end up at the best festival in the world once again on someone else’s car or campervan  
😎🙏 #Glasto 

Edited by Chesh
  • Upvote 5

33 minutes ago, Chesh said:

Not a problem. 
I’ve bought and sold plates for many years. 
I’ve been an avid fan and ‘Glasto goer’ for 20 years and bought the plate direct from DVLA when I saw that it was still available back in the mid 90s  

it’s been on various cars and campervans over the years, but I’ve decided that it’s time to sell. 

it’s always been a lot of fun driving to the festival with the plate and it’s constantly been photographed over the years en-route and on the site itself. 
I also used to own FE57VAL which I sold some time ago. 

I appreciate that it won’t appeal to everyone (as the first couple of replies confirm), but that’s ok…. Someone out there will appreciate it and hopefully it’ll end up at the best festival in the world once again on someone else’s car or campervan  
😎🙏 #Glasto 

Thanks for the informative reply.

Sorry to ask another question, but can one look on the DVLA site to see if a reg is available? I ask because I have had a notion for a plate for a number of years now, and seem to recall not being able to progress it forward, but can't quite recall the reason for that, but kind of thought it was because I couldn't check it / see anywhere. 

My uncle once stopped a car in the 1960's and offered the driver a sum of money for his reg plate - a sum of money which was too much for the bloke to refuse. I can't recall what it was exactly, but believe it was along the lines of JFK1 or JFK 01, or some such. He wanted it because of the JF Kennedy reference - a man who was almost revered within the Irish community, at the time. 

I also heard that Mercedes Benz asked Max Bygraves to name his price for the number plate he held - MB1.

Good luck with your sale. I should imagine they'll be somebody wanting that plate. It's just a matter of making them know it's available. 

2 hours ago, clarkete said:

Did you sell it on ebay in January and buy it back, or not reach the reserve you were after? 

No need for you to answer, just being nosey. 

No probs with the question. 
No, I didn’t sell it back in January 

Its been offered for sale for 6 months or so, so maybe you’ve seen it on eBay?
Interest / Glasto searches always peak in the run up to the festival (obviously), hence the fact I’ve posted it on here. 

2 minutes ago, Chesh said:

No probs with the question. 
No, I didn’t sell it back in January 

Its been offered for sale for 6 months or so, so maybe you’ve seen it on eBay?
Interest / Glasto searches always peak in the run up to the festival (obviously), hence the fact I’ve posted it on here. 

I couldn’t find it the last time I looked … was intrigued although it would suit a decent camper really well not my Honda jazz 

2 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Thanks for the informative reply.

Sorry to ask another question, but can one look on the DVLA site to see if a reg is available? I ask because I have had a notion for a plate for a number of years now, and seem to recall not being able to progress it forward, but can't quite recall the reason for that, but kind of thought it was because I couldn't check it / see anywhere. 

My uncle once stopped a car in the 1960's and offered the driver a sum of money for his reg plate - a sum of money which was too much for the bloke to refuse. I can't recall what it was exactly, but believe it was along the lines of JFK1 or JFK 01, or some such. He wanted it because of the JF Kennedy reference - a man who was almost revered within the Irish community, at the time. 

I also heard that Mercedes Benz asked Max Bygraves to name his price for the number plate he held - MB1.

Good luck with your sale. I should imagine they'll be somebody wanting that plate. It's just a matter of making them know it's available. 

https://dvlaregistrations.dvla.gov.uk/

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I couldn’t find it the last time I looked … was intrigued although it would suit a decent camper really well not my Honda jazz 

Email address in main post if you’re ever interested. 👍

2 hours ago, Chesh said:

Thank you.

Unfortunately what I was looking for isn't there. Not that I would really want it. I'll put my hands up and say it was for financial gain that drove my interest. That said, I don't think I'll dip my toe in the waters of that field again. So, you'll get no competition from me. All the best with your own dabbling in this area. 

• 1 year later...