Glasto moments that made you cry

Punksnotdead

Saw Everything Everything play both times they played in 2015, first on the Other and then at William's Green the next day.

They hadn't released their new album yet (due that weekend I think) but played some new stuff and by the 2nd gig, everyone was shouting all the words to 'No Reptiles' back. At the end of the song, the applause went on for over 2 minutes and the band started crying. It was the best live moment I've ever experienced.

This video, at around 1:52 you can see the crowd start singing and the singers reaction. Shame it cuts most of the reaction at the end but you get a feel for it.

Edited by Brumbot
  • Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Brumbot said:

This video, at around 1:52 you can see the crowd start singing and the singers reaction. Shame it cuts most of the reaction at the end but you get a feel for it.

Powerful stuff. The clip definitely gives a feel for it and can only imagine what it was like to be there, but it looks special. 

• Upvote 1

2017 - had my wallet nicked overnight on the Thursday (from my tent, while I was sleeping in it). Spent much of Friday bottling it up and being all mopey. Girlfriend gave me a bit of a pep talk. Went to watch Future Islands and just started crying – one of my favourite bands, was pretty much the set I was looking forward to that day. 

1 hour ago, LinvoyPrimus said:

2017 - had my wallet nicked overnight on the Thursday (from my tent, while I was sleeping in it). Spent much of Friday bottling it up and being all mopey. Girlfriend gave me a bit of a pep talk. Went to watch Future Islands and just started crying – one of my favourite bands, was pretty much the set I was looking forward to that day. 

😲

Once described to me by a pal as bad 80's synth pop fronted by a man who sounds and moves like Gollum being electrocuted.  I thought he was being overly generous.

Elbow 2010 and Ray Davies with His Big orchestra were pretty moving... I think I shred a virtual tear thinking why oh why did i ... a welshman trapse up to a big field to watch the football in all the hype...  england got beat ... whilst slash was on the pyramid

In 2016 I cried the whole way home, through Bristol airport, sobbing quietly on the Ryanair flight, it was ridiculous but I just couldn't help it. 

Total festival comedown and real reluctance to enter back into the world with the Brexit vote etc

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Waking up that faithful morning in 2016 (Brexit vote), mud everywhere, to a flurry of text messages from friends abroad about WTF had just happened, 4 out of 6 of us were in tears. (2 EU Nationals and 2 peeps who knew this would cripple their industries)

Then again at the Bastille set that year, the only band who acknowledged what had happened and what it probably did to a lot of the attendees. 

I already know I will probably non-stop blubbering this year. 😂

Edited by dazednconfused