need ride from london june 25th to glastonbury

peter rondelez

Hi all !! Belgian newbie here, and HUGE paul McCartney/Beatles fan.
We're in London from 25th to 27th of june to see the Eagles in Hyde Park, but would love to see Sir Paul in Glastonbury too (ofcourse)

Problem is on how to get there ! we could take the train, but all the accommodations are fully booked, and wondering around the city waiting for the first train back is not easy at my age (53)

So if anyone is driving from london to the festival and back, we (my girlfriend and I) would gladly paid for the car fuel (all of it!!), and we're good company 🙂

Hopefully anyone can help us out, we would be in heaven

cheers

Peter & Stephanie

Edited by peter rondelez

6 minutes ago, peter rondelez said:

We're in London from 25th to 27th of june to see the Eagles in Hyde Park, but would love to see Sir Paul in Glastonbury too (ofcourse)

Problem is on how to get there ! we could take the train, but all the accommodations are fully booked, and wondering around the city waiting for the first train back is not easy at my age (53)

So if anyone is driving from london to the festival and back, we (my girlfriend and I) would gladly paid for the car fuel (all of it!!), and we're good company 🙂

cheers

Peter & Stephanie

Do you actually have tickets for Glastonbury Festival?

16 minutes ago, peter rondelez said:

cheers

Peter & Stephanie

Hi Peter (and Stephanie) and welcome to the forum.

I'm afraid that unless you have a contact who can provide festival tickets (e.g. VIP, crew, those associated with the festival) there is zero chance you will be able to get into Glastonbury.

Are the two of you registered for tickets? - all general ticket holders have to be, as their photograph is printed onto their entry ticket.

Let us know where you are with this, but I suspect that you might be thinking that you can achieve what is likely unachievable.

Sorry... 😞

Ben

8 minutes ago, peter rondelez said:

Okkaaaayyyyyyy. didn't know it was that bad 😞 . Been going to concerts since 1988, a lot without tickets, and always got inside (even springsteen at a 2000 seat venue in New Jersey, many said would be an impossible feat). But with the registration.... yeah it won't be possibe.

Thanks anyway guys !

Realistically the only way you could get in at this stage is if you sneak in. This is what it takes:

13 minutes ago, peter rondelez said:

Okkaaaayyyyyyy. didn't know it was that bad 😞 . Been going to concerts since 1988, a lot without tickets, and always got inside (even springsteen at a 2000 seat venue in New Jersey, many said would be an impossible feat). But with the registration.... yeah it won't be possibe.

Thanks anyway guys !

Yeah, sorry, Peter.

Glastonbury is almost unique in this aspect (and many others!).

Tickets are sold in the October preceding the next year's June and the festival. All tickets are purchased using unique registration numbers with, as I said, one's photo on the ticket. Photos are checked on entry.

Every year there are incidents of probably a few people getting in on someone else's ticket, but it's rare and you can very easily get kicked out at the gate, and the person who's ticket you're trying to use get banned from applying in future! 135000 tickets sell out in around 20-35 minutes on that fateful October Day and that is why they are like gold dust to we obsessives in here.

Hope the Eagles are great and that the rest of your time in the UK is fun.

Ben

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

I don't think those glamping options include a ticket 

Some of the off-site glamping providers can include hospitality tickets in the package, if you pay enough for it.

Though this close to the festival, I would imagine that most places that have access to hospitality tickets will have already allocated them, and have a waiting list. If any are available they'll tied to obscenely expensive packages that enough the more money than sense brigade are looking at and saying "wait, how much?".

3 hours ago, tarw said:

There are glamping options if you want to pay to hire a yurt for £ thousands and get a couple of free tickets. 

or hire a couple of jet packs otherwise you’ll be better watching it on TV

I can imagine someone looking for a lift there is considering a couple of k glamping option