Glastonbury Programmes

maelzoid

I have kept my programmes going back to 2009, but don't have them from the 90s fests I attended. 

Does anyone know if these are available as PDFs anywhere?

If not, is this something eFesters would be interested in drawing together, basically scanning in the programmes and making them available for all to share. It would be such a great archive of the fest.

16 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

I have kept my programmes going back to 2009, but don't have them from the 90s fests I attended. 

Does anyone know if these are available as PDFs anywhere?

If not, is this something eFesters would be interested in drawing together, basically scanning in the programmes and making them available for all to share. It would be such a great archive of the fest.

I've got some from the early 90's.  I have have a look to see where they are and if I can scan them.

3 minutes ago, buddiepaul said:

I've got some from the early 90's.  I have have a look to see where they are and if I can scan them.

I appreciate scanning a whole program is no small task, but if others are up for it, I'll do one too. I have 2009, 2011, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017.

14 hours ago, clarkete said:

Well I have got a scanner, but it would take a long time and I'm not keen to slice them open (I've seen some folk asking 30 quid for these on ebay!)

programmes.jpg

I love how they have the authentic ‘stuffed in a rucksack’ folds down them.  I’ve put mine under a heavy book for weeks and they never go back straight 🤣

1 hour ago, tumbles said:

I love how they have the authentic ‘stuffed in a rucksack’ folds down them.  I’ve put mine under a heavy book for weeks and they never go back straight 🤣

He he, that's been easily achieved in many cases by the transition from rucksack to carrier bag. I'm afraid much of it is not treated with the deference many efesters hold for it - but I do try to keep it all in one piece. 

16 hours ago, clarkete said:

Well I have got a scanner, but it would take a long time and I'm not keen to slice them open (I've seen some folk asking 30 quid for these on ebay!)

programmes.jpg

Was going to say eBay has a good selection popping up from time to time, if you don't mind shelling out. 

3 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I think it's a good idea, I've got all the programs from 2004 and I'd be happy to scan one or two. I'd love to look through earlier years. Perhaps set up a list and see where we can get to?

I think I have got most of the same. Interestingly they bear a clue to the weather that Year by how crinkled and stuck together they are 

1 hour ago, tarw said:

I think I have got most of the same. Interestingly they bear a clue to the weather that Year by how crinkled and stuck together they are 

I certainly have that for some mini guides and I have some printed clashfinders where my carefully marked inventory washed away or the paper started to fall apart as the weather took its toil - I'd like it if I could go back and record them in the online clashfinder but it doesn't seem to go back that many years.

For the programmes in my case they were often stuffed into a back for the weekend so had a better chance of survival 🙂 

2 hours ago, tarw said:

Think I've got a full set from 2007 onwards. Obviously my 2007 programme is essentially a block of paper mache now.

Edited by BluePaul

On 4/29/2022 at 11:37 AM, Wanderlei said:

£30 you say? *Logs into eBay*

It'd be satisfying to get the money for a ticket by selling free programmes on eBay 😅

Do they actually sell for £30 though, or is that just the asking price?

Of the four times I've volunteered (we don't get a programme), I've always managed to find abandoned ones amongst the detritus on the Monday. Quite often mint. Thinking about it, I often pick up a spare on the Monday so that there's one to hand around to anyone back home who's interested.