Should Nina Kraviz have been booked for Arcadia?

blutarsky

4 minutes ago, Blisterpack said:

Nina Kraviz being binned is the highlight of the lineup. Well, that and Chris Difford. 

I was happy to see it. It's not often Glastonbury get something completely wrong but her being on the line up felt like a stain. Glad it's gone. 

14 minutes ago, TabulaRasa said:

Arcadia line-up has been updated. She’s back on! I wonder how the crowd will respond to her.

@bennyhana22 Jinx!

I suspect 99% of them won't know anything about her political views. I didn't until seeing it on here.

Edited by Dave_c

17 minutes ago, TabulaRasa said:

Arcadia line-up has been updated. She’s back on! I wonder how the crowd will respond to her

Hands in the air like they just don't care. Will be dance music and many will not know who is playing or what their politics are. 

6 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Hands in the air like they just don't care. Will be dance music and many will not know who is playing or what their politics are. 

Yeah this. I guess areas are free to use their own judgement about who to book and most people will follow the sounds rather than the politics. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

I suspect 99% of them won't know anything about her political views. I didn't until seeing it on here.

Yeah, you’re probably right.

I noticed Nastia is also playing the Friday night at The Temple. She’s been very vocal about Nina on her Instagram. Hopefully the two of them don’t cross paths.

4 minutes ago, TabulaRasa said:

I noticed Nastia is also playing the Friday night at The Temple. She’s been very vocal about Nina on her Instagram. Hopefully the two of them don’t cross paths.

Maybe they should and Nina can explain her actual opinion in private away from the prying ears of the Russian state police 

1 minute ago, stuie said:

Unbelievable. 

Yeah, it's all a bit grim. I was pretty sure she'd cancel (she still might, but reappearing today feels quite significant) after pulling out of a couple of other events recently. I won't be at Arcadia for her in any case and, in fact, might not so much there at all, other than maybe dropping in on Jopkins between Bonobo on WH and Four Tet on Park. 

Ben

Just now, bennyhana22 said:

Yeah, it's all a bit grim. I was pretty sure she'd cancel (she still might, but reappearing today feels quite significant) after pulling out of a couple of other events recently. I won't be at Arcadia for her in any case and, in fact, might not so much there at all, other than maybe dropping in on Jopkins between Bonobo on WH and Four Tet on Park. 

Ben

Ben, don't get creeped out if you start to think a 31 year old bloke is following you around on that Friday night... 

17 minutes ago, TabulaRasa said:

Is it wrong that I hope they do 😈

54 minutes ago, TabulaRasa said:

Arcadia line-up has been updated. She’s back on! I wonder how the crowd will respond to her.

@bennyhana22 Jinx!

Probably half of the crowd will pull out a blue shirt, half a yellow, they'll form a Ukrainian flag shape and then start rocking the spider until she falls out with her decks.

3 hours ago, hjwright said:

I can't say with full confidence that if i was a famous russian i would be speaking out about what's going on personally. I don't mind her being booked, she's not come out in favour of it.

You might politely opt out of playing private events for Russian Oligarchs during covid though

How much would it cost to buy thirty or so giant Ukrainian flags? We could distribute them throughout the crowd so when she looks down she sees a sea of yellow and blue. If we could make sure there was a friendly face up there to take a couple of snaps it would get a heap of publicity.  
I’d be happy to put £100 behind it.