Should Nina Kraviz have been booked for Arcadia?

blutarsky

7 minutes ago, Gwladboy said:

A friend of mine is Russian. On the day of the invasion she told me that she hoped Putin would be shot, it was the only way she could see a solution.  She said that everyone she knows feels the same but no-one can say anything negative, even from outside the country because they will go after their families and friends.  Brothers and sisters bank accounts stop working, students get kicked out of uni, people lose their jobs and lifestyles.  It’s easy to sit here and say ‘she should say something’ but would you if it meant all your closest family and friends lose everything.  It’s bloody complicated and after that conversation I understood a little more.

I have many Russian friends two of whom have fled to Armenia in recent weeks which is actually why I feel so strongly about it. Decent ordinary Russians who have never posted anything even vaguely supporting Putin are suffering more than her when there is evidence of her being a Putin supporter. 

https://time.com/6176595/nina-kraviz-russia-ukraine-war/?fbclid=IwAR0igFzZpg6JuBxtP--ML3QM_80hV9wxQpAAbhB0fGVDCmD1ka084r76WQs

5 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I have many Russian friends two of whom have fled to Armenia in recent weeks which is actually why I feel so strongly about it. Decent ordinary Russians who have never posted anything even vaguely supporting Putin are suffering more than her when there is evidence of her being a Putin supporter. 

https://time.com/6176595/nina-kraviz-russia-ukraine-war/?fbclid=IwAR0igFzZpg6JuBxtP--ML3QM_80hV9wxQpAAbhB0fGVDCmD1ka084r76WQs

Funnily enough my friends brother is also trying to quietly sort things out and get to Armenia.

But she would suffer the same right, if she did post something.  And it would only cause problems for the people around her, and change nothing for the better.

3 minutes ago, Gwladboy said:

Funnily enough my friends brother is also trying to quietly sort things out and get to Armenia.

But she would suffer the same right, if she did post something.  And it would only cause problems for the people around her, and change nothing for the better.

Yes I suspect one of my friends had to bribe someone as his wife had been at a protest.  The thing is they are all suffering and having to leave their homes etc and they never supported Putin. She did and she's making a fortune and leading a jet set lifestyle. I have no problem with her not speaking out I appreciate that it can be dangerous to suddenly turn your back on people but by the same token she should be subject to the same sanctions if she's not willing to speak out. 

Basically as far as I am concerned if you are a Russian with a history of being Pro-Putin you can a. Speak out against him with the risk that incurs and keep your livelihood (like other Russians have done) or b keep quiet and be safe but sacrifice your career in countries that supposedly have sanctions against Russia. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, gigpusher said:

Yes I suspect one of my friends had to bribe someone as his wife had been at a protest.  The thing is they are all suffering and having to leave their homes etc and they never supported Putin. She did and she's making a fortune and leading a jet set lifestyle. I have no problem with her not speaking out I appreciate that it can be dangerous to suddenly turn your back on people but by the same token she should be subject to the same sanctions if she's not willing to speak out. 

Basically as far as I am concerned if you are a Russian with a history of being Pro-Putin you can a. Speak out against him with the risk that incurs and keep your livelihood (like other Russians have done) or b keep quiet and be safe but sacrifice your career in countries that supposedly have sanctions against Russia. 

In a nutshell. Articulated perfectly. 

6 minutes ago, Gwladboy said:

It would be nice though, if she is indeed Pro-Putin, for her to see the sheer amount of support there is going to be for Ukraine at the farm.  Maybe that would have more of a positive effect than just cancellation.

And if she was going as a paying customer then sure but I'll never be comfortable with the fact that Glastonbury are paying her to attend. She may well just do her set and leave. Secretly hoping Nastia plans something!! 

I have friends on both sides of this conflict who work together every day. One of them is a friend in Lviv who had a bad night's sleep last night because he could hear a load of explosions in the distance. So excuse me if I don't have too much sympathy for her. 

8 minutes ago, Gwladboy said:

@gigpusherYeah I understand.  Nice to have a conversation with someone who understands it a little more. Hope your friends are ok, and you.

Yes every morning waiting for the update is a little tense. We're really hoping our friend in Odessa can get out as that seems a bit closer to the danger. 

I'm currently reading Putin's People by Catherine Belton to figure out how we ever got here. It's an interesting read. 

14 minutes ago, Field Commander Jefferson said:

Nina has posted a statement of sorts on her Instagram I believe

It's very meek you don't need to be into politics to condemn an illegal war. But also I'm not aware of the ramifications of a stronger worded statement though I doubt she's on putins watch list.

In short though it wouldn't have harmed for then to hold off for this year.

14 hours ago, stuie said:

Transparent self preservation attempt.  It’s an actual fucking war, not just bad relations with your country. 

Yes bad relations with your country actually makes it look like you think they started it. The more I find out about her, the more I want her gone from the line up. 

Edited by gigpusher
typo

1 hour ago, Madyaker said:

She would have been better off staying quiet. The festival need to drop her asap. 

Yep when this thread was first posted there was lots of disagreement about it but now it seems everyone thinks the line up would be better off without her on it. 

• 2 weeks later...