Theatre and circus

Crazyfool01

1 hour ago, gazzared said:

Very funny, possibly the worst songs you'll ever here "the beach I know so welllllll" but also very entertaining 🤣🤣🤣

https://youtu.be/onGLRPrpo9Q    https://youtu.be/tFUcziN7l08

Yeah he's definitely not someone you'd listen to outside of a festival but really good fun!  Cheered me up no end on a miserable drizzly afternoon in 2016 and handed me back my mojo!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beerqueen said:

Yeah he's definitely not someone you'd listen to outside of a festival but really good fun!  Cheered me up no end on a miserable drizzly afternoon in 2016 and handed me back my mojo!

haha yeah we were exatly the same after being stuck in campervans from 6pm until 9am overnight on the road, houses started putting signs up charging a £1 to use their toilets haha. anyway first time we saw him after coming through gate c and we all thought what the F is this but deffo cheered us all up 👏👏👏

8 hours ago, DeanoL said:

Some more acts and details announced on the T&C Instagram including

Lekiddo Lord of the Lobsters

Array Collective are doing a walkabout show involving characters from Irish Legend

Nina Conti is doing the Cabaret stage

Midnight Playground doing LED hoop stuff in the Circus Field

Eloise Cirque doing the circus tent

Jonathan Pie is doing the Astrolabe Thursday and Friday (imagine Thursday will be busy!)

Eloise Currie at the circus

Masters of the Kazooniverse doing a walkabout show 

There's a new metal installation with flames

Box 9D doing an LED Drum and Brass show every night a the Astrolabe

The world's smallest escape room in a portaloo (I think @Justiceforcedave may be behind this)

Stuart Goldsmith (comedian) self confirmed for stuff on the Astrolabe, Sensation Seekers and Cabaret (Sun pm) stages.

Indeed we shall! I hope to see you there Dean 🙂

We'll be running our 15-minute mini escape room game Portaclue in Bella's Field Thursday - Sunday! The world's most mind boggling-bog. I can promise lots of fun and a good way to blast away those next day Glasto cobwebs. I hope some efestival peeps will come and say hello!

image.thumb.png.532b99a7dd3477b187c98e6183e35cf9.pngimage.thumb.png.ee9103e4dd4e7df37ff6cc826b105ce8.png

• Like 1

12 hours ago, gazzared said:

haha yeah we were exatly the same after being stuck in campervans from 6pm until 9am overnight on the road, houses started putting signs up charging a £1 to use their toilets haha. anyway first time we saw him after coming through gate c and we all thought what the F is this but deffo cheered us all up 👏👏👏

I will tell my story again.  Last year at a local festival I was talking to friends of friends and the subject of Glasto came up (natch).   The guy said, "oh someone I work with performs at Glastonbury".  I asked who it was and he said, "you won't have heard of him" but I insisted.  "Lekkido" - "heard of him!  He's a legend!".  I babbled on for a while and found photos on my phone, very much to his complete bemusement!

• Like 1

Instagram updates:

Paul Currie - Summerhouse and Cabaret

Bunny - Outside circus stage

Natural Theatre Company - Walkabouts

Also seems like the outdoor trapeze is still there (with daily workshops) 

Dom Joly is doing the Cabaret ten on Friday, so I stand corrected on that - had assumed it was an Astrolabe booking.

• 5 weeks later...

2019 was my 7th Glasto and the first time I'd even walked through the Theatre & Circus field. I think I was always just running from band to band and never made time. Anyway, this year we're planning to spend some more time there and we'll have my 7yo son with us so looking for things he'd enjoy.

He loves Bill Bailey, so just wondering if there are any non-potty mouthed comics around in a similar mould? 

Any recommendations for family friendly theatre and circus acts appreciated too. 👍

Edited by sam1981

On 4/27/2022 at 1:12 PM, DeanoL said:

Okay - I went through and Googled the acts I didn't know. It's really not a great poster as they're not even grouped by performance type and many of the names aren't obvious. I mean some are but I've included them for completeness anyway, with some commentary:

<snip>

Tianna and Lea Two Times The Travels is unknown to Google. Why would you put them on the poster, especially when this is clearly not even a fraction of the entire Cabaret/Astrolabe/Poetry&Words/Circus/Walkabout lineup. Why include something that gives people no information at all?!

She performed as "Tianna The Traveller" in 2019 and 2017 on Sensation Seekers Stage and in the Mavericks tent. She has a particularly good escape artist show. This year she's performing with a partner, thus the new name.

You can see her (under her other stage name: "Miranda"), on Penn and Teller's "Fool Us", though she won't be doing this particular routine this year at T&C (too faffy to get all the wine in 😉

• 2 weeks later...

Just bumping this to share thoughts on any cool circus or theatre acts people saw?

Cirque du Vulgar were terrific - in my initial post I didn't realise they're basically the same troupe as Circus Fantasia, they just do an adult and kids show, so a really good booking as it goes (and they did six shows across the weekend!) The Wheel of Death and Cage of Death were certainly some of the biggest things I've ever seen in that tent.

Anyone else catch John Bishop doing ten minutes in the cabaret?

Anyone see Acaster's secret set on the Blundabus?