COFFEE at Glastonbury

One Tonne Baby

14 minutes ago, TheDayman said:

Fresh milk on site chief, keep a lookout for the tractor making its way around the campsites in the morning

I know, but not on site, we'll be in CVE for the first time. Plus I can never be bothered to warm milk when camping, so condensed milk helps keep my coffee hot. Only any good if you like sweetened coffee.

I'm gonna try Proper Coffee- sounds good. I've most often gone to Coffee on West Holts- because it's just easy to find! A massive sign saying 'Coffee'.. no matter what state I'm in I can find that!.. cheeky extra shot every time mind...

4 hours ago, Boomtowner said:

I know, but not on site, we'll be in CVE for the first time. Plus I can never be bothered to warm milk when camping, so condensed milk helps keep my coffee hot. Only any good if you like sweetened coffee.

Do they have food vendors in the campervan fields? 

4 hours ago, Boomtowner said:

Warm the milk. Pour into an empty one-cup cafetière and use the plunger to give texture

Edited by Twiggy553

14 hours ago, kaytee... said:

There was a decent place up by Williams Green last time, cant remember the name though. Don't drink as much as I used to so need my late night coffee buzz 😆

That place has been around for the last two. Great coffee. Can’t remember the name either but pick up a paper and have a decent latte - best Thursday morning! 

6 minutes ago, Twiggy553 said:

Warm the milk. Pour into an empty one-cup cafetière and use the plunger to give texture

I have done this myself, it works great. But I'm not sure I'd want to be covering multiple utensils with milk given the (lack of) washing up facilities at the festival. You're either going to create a lot of extra work for yourself to wash up properly or end up with a foul gone-off milky mess of a cafetière... The little gauze filter plunger bit in particular is a pain to get clean. 😒

Plus you need an all-metal cafetière, remember no glass!

Much as I love my milky coffees I'll be drinking black only at the tent. 😉

ETA: Ooops, I'd missed the bit about being in CVE - if you've got a van with a sink, that makes all the difference! Still not meant to be bringing in glass utensils, and I think this is occasionally checked...?

Edited by jimmillen

3 hours ago, dazednconfused said:

That place has been around for the last two. Great coffee. Can’t remember the name either but pick up a paper and have a decent latte - best Thursday morning! 

Is it Mocha Mania? Along the main drag to the Pyramid, at the top of Williams Green. I think they do iced coffee too. It used to be near the blazing saddles stage in glebelands before everything got moved around. Our favourite stop off to watch the fire dragon and chill out before heading up the Hill of Death to cv east. Not such a good location now but still good coffee and cake 😋 

3 hours ago, dizzymoo said:

Is it Mocha Mania? Along the main drag to the Pyramid, at the top of Williams Green. I think they do iced coffee too. It used to be near the blazing saddles stage in glebelands before everything got moved around. Our favourite stop off to watch the fire dragon and chill out before heading up the Hill of Death to cv east. Not such a good location now but still good coffee and cake 😋 

Really no idea of the name. Still hasn’t come to me. 

it’s the one to the side of William’s Green. If you come down the service road next to Kidney Meads straight ahead. From CVE turn right at the Tony Benn tower, past the stage, left hand side before walking across towards West Holts. Roughly opposite the turn off for the bandstand. 

9 hours ago, jimmillen said:

ETA: Ooops, I'd missed the bit about being in CVE - if you've got a van with a sink, that makes all the difference! Still not meant to be bringing in glass utensils, and I think this is occasionally checked...?

Yes i’m in a van but that is a really good point about it being glass. Will have to reconsider or hide it well!

41 minutes ago, Twiggy553 said:

Yes i’m in a van but that is a really good point about it being glass. Will have to reconsider or hide it well!

There are plenty of metal ones out there. We have never been very thoroughly searched going in CV fields but it is always glass they are looking for. 

25 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

None of them ever look good enough that it wasn't worth the 15 minute walk to the gates to find something better. 

I'm just thinking for an initial hit of caffeine and bog standard bacon butty. I'm a "happy to have a starter before any meal" kind of guy. I'm also generally up and about once I'm awake, whereas Mrs B takes a while to rise, so I'll wander off and get a coffee to take back to her in bed. We'll wander in and get a proper bite after that. 

29 minutes ago, BluePaul said:

They did in CVW so I assume the same in CVE - bog standard breakfast truck for bacon butties/coffees etc.

Perfect, thanks. 

5 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

I'm just thinking for an initial hit of caffeine and bog standard bacon butty. I'm a "happy to have a starter before any meal" kind of guy. I'm also generally up and about once I'm awake, whereas Mrs B takes a while to rise, so I'll wander off and get a coffee to take back to her in bed. We'll wander in and get a proper bite after that. 

Perfect, thanks. 

We normally just stick to making a coffee in the van and buy a load of snacky things so if we are a little peckish before we get on site. We are considering these for even more hassle free coffee this time 

image.thumb.png.27ac0a82ff6d235ea7aaa371b1d10cd7.png

11 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

We normally just stick to making a coffee in the van and buy a load of snacky things so if we are a little peckish before we get on site. We are considering these for even more hassle free coffee this time 

image.thumb.png.27ac0a82ff6d235ea7aaa371b1d10cd7.png

We actually have a box of those in the van already - I guess we'll just make a judgment based on what's available near wherever we end up pitched. 

Just now, Quark said:

I think I'm actually giving more thought at the moment to which coffee option to pick for my morning brew than I am to which acts I want to see 😄

Can you imagine the Clashfinder expanded to include food, coffee, bars... 😲 Would be the size of a small book!

1 minute ago, jimmillen said:

Can you imagine the Clashfinder expanded to include food, coffee, bars... 😲 Would be the size of a small book!

Has anyone got the walking times from Le Rac Shack to the Park via Crumble Shack?!

😄

6 minutes ago, Quark said:

I think I'm actually giving more thought at the moment to which coffee option to pick for my morning brew than I am to which acts I want to see 😄

You already know I would be 100% on board with a food line up being announced and that would include beverages as well. I would then extensively research that as well 😄 

I'm just listening to acts an trying not to get too excited about any one in particular at the moment so that I don't get too upset with the clash hell I am already expecting. 

11 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

We actually have a box of those in the van already - I guess we'll just make a judgment based on what's available near wherever we end up pitched. 

Yes unless the food outlets change I wouldn't be expecting much in the way of a good coffee from the ones in CV East. They've always looked a bit the calibre of the sort you get outside football grounds.