COFFEE at Glastonbury

One Tonne Baby

+1 for the Vonshef espresso pot - I've got a x12 espresso so use 4x scoop of espresso and it make x3 long coffees, 2 for me 1 for partner!  Need at least 2 coffee before even getting dressed!  Pot of that before we head out of campervan then we find the good coffee stalls (via a preferably composter but we're staying at Willow Meadows this year and apparently they have flushing loos 😮😮)

I'm in CV East, so start with a 3 cup moka which keeps me going till the afternoon, and I can only remember coffee from the top right area when facing the Other Stage (bonus was the server singing "You're fit and you know it" to me. I'm impervious to sarcasm), or the tent at the bottom of the tent / sauna area. 

Anyone with an aeropress, I can recommend the metal filters to remove the need for the paper filters. 

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Going to invest in an aeropress for this year. There's something about being able to have a nice coffee sat outside the tent first thing without having to go wandering for it. 

Bought a hand grinder and V60 that lives permanently in the van. 

Was worried it'd be a bit of a ball ache (use an electric grinder at home) but I really enjoy the whole ritual of it. 

God I sound like a w*nker, but I'm a w*nker with excellent coffee so I don't care. 

• Upvote 1

Some great responses so far - thank you! Let's come back after the festival to report on what was good and what was mud.

Love my aeropress but wasn't planning on taking any cooking gear so thats out.

FYI _ i used to use Oatly but now use Minor Figures Barista which is sometimes half the price and just as good imo. I have it in tea, coffee and my cereal and i'm in no way vegan!

2 hours ago, croiz said:

Does anyone remember having iced coffee from most of these places? I love an iced espresso if it's hot and I'm flagging but I struggled to find a place with ice in 2019 (maybe due to the heat, maybe due to being in staff camping).

Also I'm hoping I can get an occasional triple iced espresso to make espresso martini with.... The canned stuff is grim.

Pretty sure 'Proper Coffee' does iced. It's been my go-to coffee place to drag me back to the land of the living of a morning..

8 minutes ago, am00 said:

Anyone any memories if any of these spots do a decent decaf?

Coffee addict here but no alcohol, minimum caffeine this year so I'll need a false buzz from that !

Sorry whilst at home I am usually a decaf drinker at Glastonbury I do usually take the caffeine it's the only drug I have 😄 Although I'm sure if you check out the main decent coffee places some of them will do it. 

5 hours ago, Divein said:

Since Glastonbury 2019 I gained a set of twins so started drinking a lot of coffee to keep me both awake and sane so this thread is of great interest.

Also paging @mufcok as he's our groups resident coffee man. 

Memory is blank, it's been that long.

Is Proper Coffee near Williams Green then, just to confirm? Gonna need somewhere around there as we're in the Campervan fields this time, rather than the usual Oxylers haunt. That seems to fit the bill to me

Having gone full on coffee geek during covid, loving this thread. Lots of great places to check out! 

Was Proper Coffee there in 2016? I remember getting a smashing flat white somewhere that looks very similar, ankle deep in mud… Hit the spot for sure. 

Will also be bringing the Aeropress and grinder for essential morning coffees at the tent. Normally at home I’d measure beans by weight but I might leave the precision scales at home. On the off chance I’m selected for a search, they could give security all the wrong ideas…!

13 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

Having gone full on coffee geek during covid, loving this thread. Lots of great places to check out! 

Was Proper Coffee there in 2016? I remember getting a smashing flat white somewhere that looks very similar, ankle deep in mud… Hit the spot for sure. 

Will also be bringing the Aeropress and grinder for essential morning coffees at the tent. Normally at home I’d measure beans by weight but I might leave the precision scales at home. On the off chance I’m selected for a search, they could give security all the wrong ideas…!

I hadn't even thought of that issue with scales, but decided I can just eyeball it when camping.

20 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

Whatever you enjoy your normal strength coffee at, get that weight and see what it looks like in the Aeropress spoon. Then just rinse repeat at festival.

This video is also a very handy guide -

Edited by TheDayman
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TheDayman said:

Whatever you enjoy your normal strength coffee at, get that weight and see what it looks like in the Aeropress spoon. The just Rinse, Repeat at festival.

But, but… that might mean I’m off by a whole gram or more! 😂

I’m sure I’ll manage, need to get back in practice with the Aeropress before the festival. Pretty much just drink espresso at home these days. 

Thanks for sharing that video too! Will take a look later on. 👍