COFFEE at Glastonbury

One Tonne Baby

Let's talk Java, Cup O' Joe, Brain Juice, Cupped Lightning.

Where's your go to for Coffee at Glastonbury? I'm talking, nice gentle wake-up coffee, hangover jolt coffee, 'just give me your strongest shit' at 3am coffee. Any recommendations?

My only two experiences at Glastonbury of coffee was getting an excellent drip filter off to the side of Diary Fields that was delicious but literally took about 15 minutes and what i look back on as the best cup of coffee i've had by the Pyramid stage just before the bootleg Beatles. I was so hungover and had to get out of my tent, so went for a walk and got this coffee from somewhere - i have no idea where (left of the pyramid as you look at the stage) - and it was delicious. I may have imagined it. Anyone know?

3 minutes ago, DirtyLurker said:

Whilst we're at it; which ones use real milk, a fabulous coffee is easily ruined with uht milk!  I can handle all the non dairy milks in coffee even give me powdered milk but uht bleurgh!

agree. I actually prefer oat milk as it give's a bit of sweetness but UHT just shows they dont care what the coffee tastes like!

41 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Need to do a recce on Wednesday and find out who’s using Oatly barista. Have to wonder what the hell anyones doing using anything else. 

This might be why people don't use it. Or at least it's why the coffee shop near me doesn't 🙂

https://www.theguardian.com/food/2020/sep/01/oatly-vegan-milk-sale-blackstone

Edited by kemosabe
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

There was a decent place up by Williams Green last time, cant remember the name though. Don't drink as much as I used to so need my late night coffee buzz 😆

This is our go to place in the morning. Decent coffee and a sit down on the benches in the shade for a peruse of the days events.

1 hour ago, One Tonne Baby said:

agree. I actually prefer oat milk as it give's a bit of sweetness but UHT just shows they dont care what the coffee tastes like!

Yes, heathens with their uht!

1 hour ago, David_303 said:

Fixed it for you 😄

(I know, I know - it's personal taste)

You're not wrong but I only take a splash of milk 😉 otherwise I gulp the coffee down and burn my tongue!

1 hour ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Oat milk is the best, then I’m again I’m vegan so I would say that, but I genuinely don’t know why anyone has milk anymore when you have oat milk as an alternative.

Hey lovely, agreed, the Oatly barista is so nice, my Mum, who isn’t vegan, loves it too x

1 hour ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Oat milk is the best, then I’m again I’m vegan so I would say that, but I genuinely don’t know why anyone has milk anymore when you have oat milk as an alternative.

Not on cereals for breakfast, I like oat milk and am quite happy in coffee but I also just like to drink milk (I swamp my cereal) and it still has to be real milk for that 

2 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

The oat milk I've tried hasn't worked as well in tea for me, otherwise I'd be happy to switch. Maybe I just need to try a few more. 

• Upvote 1