How do you get excited?

EFC1996

59 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Didn’t realise you can camp, I’m going on the Saturday and I think it’s sold out (camping that is) but at a quick glance, am I right in saying it’s £55 each to camp?!

I'm going on the Friday night and just checking my email its cost £40 each plus booking fees

image.png.94a6b457bfd425bf7d87c8342eb214f8.png

2 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

you're going to have to link us up, i know/hate the first but the second sounds possibly even more infuriating 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSCY0WGPGEg I was wrong on views, 423k for Friday and Saturday team (tickets gifted by EE)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkS4i53Avis&t=2567s 180k for popped in on the Thursday.  And God it's a long video for nothing to happen

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, ErnestWorthing said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSCY0WGPGEg I was wrong on views, 423k for Friday and Saturday team (tickets gifted by EE)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkS4i53Avis&t=2567s 180k for popped in on the Thursday.  And God it's a long video for nothing to happen

Here is the guy driving the VWs perspective of the same video, he’s famous but I don’t know why:

And when he goes with his Girlfriend:

Top japes having a water fight at the Manor House when you could be at Glastonbury:

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

On the documentary front. A few years ago the BBC released two I think. One was the much talked about A-Z headliners one, narrated by Edith Bowman. But there's another one that uses some of the same interview footage (Liam Gallagher, Jarvis Cocker among others) but a little more expansively. I can't for the life of me remember anything else about it other then that. I hope i'm not making it up!!

Would anyone potentially know what it's called or where I can see it (sorry I can't give any more details)? 

I'm also on the search for random vlogs on YouTube, I'll go through my regulars just prior to the festival Barbster, Dean Richards (I think) and Fremily. In the interim it's jut see if I come across anything random that I haven't seen and then see where the algorithm takes me.

An increased presence on here is essential as it is the one place I will not bore people by banging on about Glastonbury all the time! Already this forum is on fire and we haven't even properly got the Weather Thread going yet! Just love the enthusiasm on here, it adds ever more fuel to my Glastonbury fire.

18 hours ago, nikkic said:

I watch Glasto related vlogs a few times per week in the run up, Barbster 360’s are my fave. 

I’ll watch the Julien Temple DVD a week or so before the festival. 

Also planning on reading the 50th book again, out in the garden with a Brothers or 2. 

So with that, listening to @Brave Sir Robinplaylist, listening to the many amazing DJ set recommendations in the dance thread and pouring over any titbit of new info in here, the excitement builds nicely. 

Another vote for watching YouTube vlogs! And for Barbster, I love that him and his girlfriend actually “get it”. I’ve seen other influencer style vlogs where they literally come on site for a few hours during the day and then schlep off to a hotel at about 7pm. Makes me so mad that they get free tickets!

2 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Here is the guy driving the VWs perspective of the same video, he’s famous but I don’t know why:

And when he goes with his Girlfriend:

Top japes having a water fight at the Manor House when you could be at Glastonbury:

He’s the brother of another famous YouTuber 🙄 I think the Manor House vlog was the one I was thinking of… A real talent to suck the joy out of the best place on earth!

6 minutes ago, Sundance said:

Another vote for watching YouTube vlogs! And for Barbster, I love that him and his girlfriend actually “get it”. I’ve seen other influencer style vlogs where they literally come on site for a few hours during the day and then schlep off to a hotel at about 7pm. Makes me so mad that they get free tickets!

Barbster actually seems an alright bloke, I've followed his stuff for a while and as he's got older he's calmed down a little and the videos are maturing with him.

He did a massive house renovation series at exactly the same time we did something similar (but not as much as he did) on our house....he's alright, he's from the area and he's been going to Glastonbury for 20 years..he does other festivals and is into decent music and doesn't just vlog for the sake of it he's a video editor as a career.

he also camps in the normal camping areas, goes with his mates and family, visits the site in the off season and like you say 'gets it'

its these knobhead youtube influencers from London that get free tickets from a sponsor and only go for one night that do my head in!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gooner1990 said:

Barbster actually seems an alright bloke, I've followed his stuff for a while and as he's got older he's calmed down a little and the videos are maturing with him.

He did a massive house renovation series at exactly the same time we did something similar (but not as much as he did) on our house....he's alright, he's from the area and he's been going to Glastonbury for 20 years..he does other festivals and is into decent music and doesn't just vlog for the sake of it he's a video editor as a career.

he also camps in the normal camping areas, goes with his mates and family, visits the site in the off season and like you say 'gets it'

its these knobhead youtube influencers from London that get free tickets from a sponsor and only go for one night that do my head in!

Yeah completely agree with you on all counts! Barbster genuinely seems to love Glasto and I don’t begrudge him anything! As you say, it’s the other influencers that don’t have a clue but get free tickets but basically waste opportunity that grind my gears  

1 hour ago, gooner1990 said:

Yeah barbster is definitely one of the best Glastonbury vloggers, I can even forgive that awful Richard Hammond goatee he was sporting for a while!

On 4/26/2022 at 10:38 AM, Quark said:

A bit controversial, but I'm trying NOT to get too excited this year. Every year I fall in the trap of hyping it up to something that reality can never possibly match, and I did it so much for Beautiful Days last year (as the first festival back) that it actually ended up having a negative effect on me while I was there.

So my plan is to keep listening to the lineup, start on the clashfinder, discuss travel and camping plans with my mates, and probably start the flavoured booze an my packing pile a bit earlier than usual so I'm not rushing it closer to the time. 

Going for a steady build up so I can enjoy it while I'm there instead of imagining the proverbial sunlit uplands and unicorns 😄

Update: Failing miserably at this endeavour. Massively excited and every announcement is making it worse. Just inject it directly into my veins!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Quark said:

Update: Failing miserably at this endeavour. Massively excited and every announcement is making it worse. Just inject it directly into my veins!!

Yep I'm trying not to get excited about individual acts as I just know it's going to be clash central but even failing at that. 

I also think part of the joy of Glastonbury is the joy it brings to me year round. I have always called it Music Christmas and it is a bit like that in that sometimes the build up is even more exciting than the thing itself but I do reckon Michael Eavis could be onto something. I think this year could be the best one yet!!!!!

I think my excitement has actually dipped a bit because although it’s close it’s not close enough that my mates want to plan too much yet and they aren’t that bothered about the area announcements like I am. Getting to May and it being next month was a big milestone, then it’s at least a month until it’s close enough they start to get engaged with it all. 

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

As he got quite a few mentions on this thread 

Not sure what to make of that…his videos usually tell a pretty good story and he seems to have edited this one out of order and just shown snippets of areas rather than his own festival journey (showing getting in, people at camp etc).

bit disappointing really!

(And that comes from someone who really likes his stuff and followed his house renovation series quite intently)