How do you get excited?

EFC1996

So it’s just 8 weeks til the festival.. and the excitement is really kicking in. Tell me what do you do on the run up to the festival to really get in the spirit? What documentaries do you watch? Do you make a list? I’ve watched a couple on BBC iplayer and Netflix any recommendations will be appreciated too 😄

I used to watch the Julian Temple one in the run up. Though my wife is less keen on watching it repeatedly (she's only been to Glast about five times - the lightweight!).

I'm generally more one for listening to the bands playing obsessively in the run-up - though I've currently got my hands full with Primavera on that front!

34 minutes ago, Homer said:

I found getting a ticket in the resale to be good for immediately increase my excitement levels.

This also got me the most excited.

Now I'm listening to a playlist of the artists I'm likely to be seeing, that's gettting me excited.

Bought some new walking shoes, that's exciting. Planning a long day in Richmond Park to give them a proper test run. Might consider buying new socks or trying the double sock method I read on the shoes thread.

Could consider giving the tent a test run (in the park albeit, quite awkward), make sure it's all working. Wouldn't want to find any suprise holes or anything at the farm, that could get you excited.

The day that the full set times are announced will probably be peak excitement, Clashfinder galore.

Starting to plan what to bring, alcohol & such, where we could camp, all quite exciting things.

Anything to do with the festival is exciting to me really 😂

4 minutes ago, Acid Loafers said:

This also got me the most excited.

Now I'm listening to a playlist of the artists I'm likely to be seeing, that's gettting me excited.

Bought some new walking shoes, that's exciting. Planning a long day in Richmond Park to give them a proper test run. Might consider buying new socks or trying the double sock method I read on the shoes thread.

Could consider giving the tent a test run (in the park albeit, quite awkward), make sure it's all working. Wouldn't want to find any suprise holes or anything at the farm, that could get you excited.

The day that the full set times are announced will probably be peak excitement, Clashfinder galore.

Starting to plan what to bring, alcohol & such, where we could camp, all quite exciting things.

Anything to do with the festival is exciting to me really 😂

Sadly, my excitement is slightly marred by the question of whether I'll still be able to hack it (will be 46 by the time it comes around - what a pisstake!).

Usually the Julien Temple documentary, but this time I have the unique chance to read that 50th Anniversary book for the first time. I got it just after the original sale failure back in 2019 so apart from a cursory flick through I wasn't able to bring myself to read it, then lockdown hit with no resale and now here we are with tickets a full 2 and a half years later. Now I'm going to start it in the a few weeks and read it cover to cover before the festival

Then its stage times and app time

Edited by efcfanwirral

Generally don’t watch or listen to much Glasto stuff, although I’ve been saving the Glasto 50 book for June.

i actually get excited by just thinking about it. I’m looking after my 1 year old full time so on our many walks I think back to previous festivals, think about what I want to do at this one and imagine the feelings of seeing the site for the first time, getting the wrist band on, seeing the pyramid again, etc…

I watch Glasto related vlogs a few times per week in the run up, Barbster 360’s are my fave. 

I’ll watch the Julien Temple DVD a week or so before the festival. 

Also planning on reading the 50th book again, out in the garden with a Brothers or 2. 

So with that, listening to @Brave Sir Robinplaylist, listening to the many amazing DJ set recommendations in the dance thread and pouring over any titbit of new info in here, the excitement builds nicely. 

1 hour ago, EFC1996 said:

I see the click bait title worked 🤪

I watched one called Lost in Vaugness it’s about the origins of the south east corner, worth a watch 

Aye, some of us ended up contributing to the making via a crowdfund and they did some premieres for it featuring one or two of the folks, which was nice.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, EFC1996 said:

So it’s just 8 weeks til the festival.. and the excitement is really kicking in. Tell me what do you do on the run up to the festival to really get in the spirit? What documentaries do you watch? Do you make a list? I’ve watched a couple on BBC iplayer and Netflix any recommendations will be appreciated too 😄

Once the practical things like where you're kipping and what in, then start listening to this and then adding the things I like into the clashfinder once it gets updated.

Just spend more time on here, listen to glasto playlists and become more active in the group chat. Already starting to annoy the other half with the amount I've started to talk about previous years and how excited I'm getting now. The 5 year gap was far too long 

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

Usually the Julien Temple documentary, but this time I have the unique chance to read that 50th Anniversary book for the first time. I got it just after the original sale failure back in 2019 so apart from a cursory flick through I wasn't able to bring myself to read it, then lockdown hit with no resale and now here we are with tickets a full 2 and a half years later. Now I'm going to start it in the a few weeks and read it cover to cover before the festival

Then its stage times and app time

I did the exact same thing - bought the book when it came out and vowed not to read it until I got tickets! Read it not long after the resale and it was worth the wait!