Haldern Pop 2022

Marty76

10 hours ago, Marty76 said:

My favourite small festival (capacity 5-6k) released a big part of their 2022 line up today and it is absolutely wonderful.

Looking forward to this one!

Screenshot_20220424-192259_Twitter.jpg

Lovely lineup! Can you give me some more infos about this?
How easy is to reach this place by train/bus from the closest airport cities (including Eindhoven/Amsterdam)?
Is it close to the town? And is it only reachable on foot or are there some shuttle buses to/from the town?
Is it a typical festival to go to with a tent or are there some hotels/airbnbs nearby from where the festival is easily reachable?
How about food, drinks, stalls, etc?
Thank you so much

Edited by gigi21

2 hours ago, gigi21 said:

Lovely lineup! Can you give me some more infos about this?
How easy is to reach this place by train/bus from the closest airport cities (including Eindhoven/Amsterdam)?
Is it close to the town? And is it only reachable on foot or are there some shuttle buses to/from the town?
Is it a typical festival to go to with a tent or are there some hotels/airbnbs nearby from where the festival is easily reachable?
How about food, drinks, stalls, etc?
Thank you so much

I'm coming from Amsterdam, one and a half hour trainride to Emmerich where my hotel is, from there it's 15 minutes to Haldern. Think the closest airport is Düsseldorf, from there you can take a direct train.

Festival is on walking distance (approx. 15 minutes) from the village, lots of people walking into the village in the morning for breakfast/shopping. Also few bands play in the village (Pop bar, church) during the festival. 

Most people go camping, all Haldern hotels seem to be fully booked for ages. It's quite old school which I actually like. Chips, curry wurst and a few other other stalls, but no hipster foodtrucks. It's basically only about the music. Still don't understand how such a small village can book all these great acts every year, but happy to go there again. 

Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Marty76 said:

I'm coming from Amsterdam, one and a half hour trainride to Emmerich where my hotel is, from there it's 15 minutes to Haldern. Think the closest airport is Düsseldorf, from there you can take a direct train.

Festival is on walking distance (approx. 15 minutes) from the village, lots of people walking into the village in the morning for breakfast/shopping. Also few bands play in the village (Pop bar, church) during the festival. 

Most people go camping, all Haldern hotels seem to be fully booked for ages. It's quite old school which I actually like. Chips, curry wurst and a few other other stalls, but no hipster foodtrucks. It's basically only about the music. Still don't understand how such a small village can book all these great acts every year, but happy to go there again. 

Hope this helps.

Sure, really helpful and I already totally love it.
I'm checking everything and I'll probably book it later today with my bestfriend.
Coming with my tent, flying to Dusseldorf and then moving to Amsterdam to spend a couple of days there after the festival thanks to cheap flights to Rome.
I already checked that Haldern station is linked with Duisburg and Arnhem with direct trains and both are quick rides.
See you there for a pint!

Regarding the good names, I'm not surprised: a lot of good festivals take place in the middle of nowhere, especially in Central Europe or UK. And this one is in a strategic position to intercept most of the small-medium sized artists touring Europe in August. I'm more surprised about the really good tastes of the organizers 😉

Edited by gigi21

8 hours ago, gigi21 said:

Sure, really helpful and I already totally love it.
I'm checking everything and I'll probably book it later today with my bestfriend.
Coming with my tent, flying to Dusseldorf and then moving to Amsterdam to spend a couple of days there after the festival thanks to cheap flights to Rome.
I already checked that Haldern station is linked with Duisburg and Arnhem with direct trains and both are quick rides.
See you there for a pint!

Regarding the good names, I'm not surprised: a lot of good festivals take place in the middle of nowhere, especially in Central Europe or UK. And this one is in a strategic position to intercept most of the small-medium sized artists touring Europe in August. I'm more surprised about the really good tastes of the organizers 😉

Deal!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Anyone & Everyone

This festival looks interesting indeed, new to me even though I see it has been going for years, Does anyone know if the camping is at the festival site itself and if so  when the camping opens, I am guessing the 10th but wondered if anyone knew for sure, cheers for any info 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, postC86 said:

Hey Anyone & Everyone

This festival looks interesting indeed, new to me even though I see it has been going for years, Does anyone know if the camping is at the festival site itself and if so  when the camping opens, I am guessing the 10th but wondered if anyone knew for sure, cheers for any info 

From the website:

In Haldern kannst du direkt neben deinem Auto campen, es gibt aber auch separate Parkplätze. Öffnungszeiten des Campinggeländes? Das Campinggelände öffnet am Donnerstag um 08:00 Uhr und schließt am Sonntag um 12:00 Uhr!

Camping opens on Thursday morning 8 o'clock. And can confirm that it's next to the festival grounds. (And you can park your car next to your tent)

2 hours ago, Marty76 said:

From the website:

In Haldern kannst du direkt neben deinem Auto campen, es gibt aber auch separate Parkplätze. Öffnungszeiten des Campinggeländes? Das Campinggelände öffnet am Donnerstag um 08:00 Uhr und schließt am Sonntag um 12:00 Uhr!

Camping opens on Thursday morning 8 o'clock. And can confirm that it's next to the festival grounds. (And you can park your car next to your tent)

2 hours ago, postC86 said:

oooooops.... thanks a lot for that info, I was having trouble getting the English language version of the festival webpage up

No problem, my German is a little rusty, but still able to read it.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Maybe some of you will insult me as an Italian guy coming to Germany but this thing called weinschorle costs 4€ and has been one of my festival highlights 😁

Anyways, nice festival, nice atmosphere, I've been talking to many musicians and enjoying a lot of concerts.IMG_20220818_160459.thumb.jpg.b09734023c64070ab9c4cdccddd3416d.jpg

Edited by gigi21
  • Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, gigi21 said:

Maybe some of you will insult me as an Italian guy coming to Germany but this thing called weinschorle costs 4€ and has been one of my festival highlights 😁

Anyways, nice festival, nice atmosphere, I've been talking to many musicians and enjoying a lot of concerts.IMG_20220818_160459.thumb.jpg.b09734023c64070ab9c4cdccddd3416d.jpg

Have a great time mate. Looks better than where I am sat lol

• Like 1