gfa

Tent Poll 2022  

190 members have voted

1. 1. Are you taking a Fresh n Black tent to glastonbury 2022?

• Yes
    • No
    • I haven't bought my tent yet (buy a fresh n black!)
    • Pre-erected / caravan / not camping

What are you taking? I'm curious to see how representative the Fresh n Black thread actually is of the whole forum! and if you haven't got your tent yet, make sure to get a Fresh n Black!

Edited by gfa

11 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

I’m in my van, but if not I’d be buying an FnB. 

How do you keep your van cool. I've got two sunroofs plus a special catch for the back door so it can be open and locked. 

6 minutes ago, Neil said:

How do you keep your van cool. I've got two sunroofs plus a special catch for the back door so it can be open and locked. 

Good question… not spent any significant time in it in the heat. 
We were in it yesterday afternoon when it was pretty hot and it was quite cool so hopefully the following works out… especially as we’ve got three weeks in France in august…

We have three roof vents, and one of these is a Fiamma turbo vent which can operate both ways. We also have 95% limo tinted windows to stop direct sunlight getting in. The van is also a very pale pastel blue which means it’s quite reflective of heat rather than absorbing it. 
The diesel heater can also operate as a fan pumping in fresh air. 

Hopefully that all does the job?! 

Failing that, we could ask Quechua to make a fresh and black garage. 

Edited by blutarsky

7 minutes ago, Neil said:

2 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Good question… not spent any significant time in it in the heat. 
We were in it yesterday afternoon when it was pretty hot and it was quite cool so hopefully the following works out… especially as we’ve got three weeks in France in august…

We have three roof vents, and one of these is a Fiamma turbo vent which can operate both ways. We also have 95% limo tinted windows to stop direct sunlight getting in. The van is also a very pale pastel blue which means it’s quite reflective of heat rather than absorbing it. 
The diesel heater can also operate as a fan pumping in fresh air. 

Hopefully that all does the job?! 

Failing that, we could ask Quechua to make a fresh and black garage. 

Can highly recommend Van-ex thermal blackout curtains, keeps heat both in & out plus if you've got an awning put that side to the side that has the most sun during the day, ours stays cool even in 30+° with doors shut and only top vents of poptop open.

21 minutes ago, deepkittycaz said:

I have bought a F&B tent, but haven't had a chance to try putting it up yet. 

If I can't do it by myself, I'll have to default back to my trusty Vango Ark.

There’ll be people near you who would help put it up I’m sure? We helped a solo camper put his tent up in 2019. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, deepkittycaz said:

I have bought a F&B tent, but haven't had a chance to try putting it up yet. 

If I can't do it by myself, I'll have to default back to my trusty Vango Ark.

Are they tricky then?   I thought they were fairly straightforward domed with a few poles or pop up?