What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Glastonbury 2022/23 edition)

BigMarv

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/26/2022 at 3:21 PM, northernringo said:

So I have every act on the spreadsheet that is currently on the playlist (and I update the spreadsheet when new acts are added due to line-up posters, self-confirms, etc.)

I've a row for every artist (as opposed to song) and then a box for 'notes' and a colour coded dropdown that I select when I finish listening to them based on how likely I am to want to watch them!

I've it split by stage/poster too.

Here is the very zoomed out version to show a sense of size (as you can see, there's a good few I've still to get through, mainly Silver Hayes and then the rumoured ones at the end of the playlist):

image.png.fe2075f9e8bcd34dc0cad535183bf7a9.png

And then this is what it actually looks like (don't judge my opinions...):

image.thumb.png.f43dd6152b18c8510c6d28e91e2cefe1.png

I ran out of up votes on the day you posted this. But wanted to say I've stolen your format and I'm giving it a go myself! Thanks very much!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

On 4/30/2022 at 1:32 AM, Guest said:

Four Tet

In addition to music, I started listening to audiobooks or educational podcasts more often. At https://edubirdie.com/examples/ I find high quality articles on a variety of topics that help me write quality articles and research in college.

I love this song.

Edited by Nikko Watson

Trying to form my own sub playlist, but heavy listeners for me so far have been Fontaines DC, Inhaler, Confidence Man, Sam Fender, Professor Elemental, Declan Mckenna. Got loooads more so hoping to focus on Leon Bridges, Kikagaku Moyo, Khruangbin, Arlo Parks next! 

Right now I'm in work and listening to Lullaby by the Cure (I have the office to myself today). Disintegration is my daughter's favourite Cure album, but she's only 7 so I have omitted this from the version on her iPod (it's a bit too scary for her!). We were listening to the rest of the album yesterday and it made me want to hear it. Not playing this year though (but will see them in December). Had Skinty Fia on in the car on the way in...can't wait to catch Fontaines this year. 

On 4/30/2022 at 12:04 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

^ A banger. 

What's that other one?  When You Were Mine? That's also out of the top drawer.

Fallen down a Joy Crookes Spotify sinkhole whilst WFH today.  Great stuff.  When You Were Mine is probably my fave.  Great vocal and a track so slinky it could walk itself down a flight of stairs.

Today I tried out a few bands from gaps in my schedule:

English Teacher - Fantastic, and it means I get to start the Friday at my favourite stage.

Inhaler - Really quite dreadful. Bono singing Catfish and the Bottlemen songs... yes it's as boring as it sounds.

St. Vincent - A bit too weird for me, back catalogue too extensive for three weeks.

Sam Fender - Why the hell haven't I listened to him before? I had him down as a James Bay/George Ezra pretty boy type. Turns out the music is really good!

• 3 weeks later...