What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Glastonbury 2022/23 edition)

BigMarv

3 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

No worries, get some tunes on. I recommend Grove from that Silver Hayes line up. She was fantastic in Bristol the other week. Bass was so loud, the desks kept trying to bounce off the desk!

That's me sold, gonna have a listen to Grove right now! Not heard of many of the silver hayes line up in all honesty, being in my mid forties im long out of the club scene lol. I did have a listen to Giant swan and really liked what I heard so will try and catch their live set.

3 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

That's me sold, gonna have a listen to Grove right now! Not heard of many of the silver hayes line up in all honesty, being in my mid forties im long out of the club scene lol. I did have a listen to Giant swan and really liked what I heard so will try and catch their live set.

You youngsters make me laugh!

• Upvote 2

Fontaines DC new album. Second time on the bounce now and although there're a couple of standouts it's nowhere near Dogrel. I love this band; saw them 3 times at the last Glasto but they're moving too far away from that first masterpiece; for me anyway.

• Upvote 1

On 4/22/2022 at 11:50 AM, northernringo said:

Nearly finished the Fontaines DC album (it is excellent). Then I'll go back to my spreadsheet working my way through the Spotify playlist - think I have Mr Bruce next (whoever that is)

I remembered this post earlier, I meant to ask - how does your spreadsheet work. Do you put every act announced in, or just write ones you like the sound of? 

40 minutes ago, kemosabe said:

I remembered this post earlier, I meant to ask - how does your spreadsheet work. Do you put every act announced in, or just write ones you like the sound of? 

So I have every act on the spreadsheet that is currently on the playlist (and I update the spreadsheet when new acts are added due to line-up posters, self-confirms, etc.)

I've a row for every artist (as opposed to song) and then a box for 'notes' and a colour coded dropdown that I select when I finish listening to them based on how likely I am to want to watch them!

I've it split by stage/poster too.

Here is the very zoomed out version to show a sense of size (as you can see, there's a good few I've still to get through, mainly Silver Hayes and then the rumoured ones at the end of the playlist):

image.png.fe2075f9e8bcd34dc0cad535183bf7a9.png

And then this is what it actually looks like (don't judge my opinions...):

image.thumb.png.f43dd6152b18c8510c6d28e91e2cefe1.png

• Like 1

On 4/24/2022 at 2:19 PM, SighMo said:

Fontaines DC new album. Second time on the bounce now and although there're a couple of standouts it's nowhere near Dogrel. I love this band; saw them 3 times at the last Glasto but they're moving too far away from that first masterpiece; for me anyway.

Interesting as I actually prefer A Hero’s Death although it took me a few listens, it’s not as instantaneous as Dogrel. I am struggling a bit with the new album just about to give it spin number 3 to hope it’s a slow builder.

• Upvote 1