Silver Hayes

Crazyfool01

1 hour ago, briddj said:

SONIC & WOW make a welcome return, whilst new additions come in the form of THE LONELY HEARTS CLUB – an art deco cinema structure standing over 40 foot high & FIRMLY ROOTED, a space celebrating all things sound-system culture.

FQ8BqaOXIAAiZZS.jpg

That stage looks excellent 

14 minutes ago, NickM45 said:

Bukem for sure - Enei, Fatboy Slim, Laid Blak, Halogenix, Dynamite MC, Hospital Records, Kasra, Shy FX - decent DnB line up there me. 

Ah, I see you  are a man of culture as well.

I'm gutted I missed shy fx last time so will definitely be catching him this year.  

I only found Overmono recently because everybody in the electronica/dance thread were raving about them - and rightfully so, definitely going to be high up on the must see list.

And for the first time in years, I'm actually excited by the SH line up and area in general.  The Lonely Hearts stage looks really good, if the rest of the area has the same level of thought and effort put in, it could be quite special this year.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Question to those who don’t know any names… do you go out clubbing in London, Manchester or Bristol? Because people who do will probably know half of this lineup.

Isn’t that exactly what Silver Hayes is supposed to be? I’m perplexed.

If you haven’t been to a nightclub/day rave in decades I’m not surprised you don’t know any names!

i spent the early / mid nineties in the squat parties of london and the free festivals of that time - been out of the scene for a loooooooooooooooong time so i'm also not surprised i dont know any names!

11 minutes ago, BambooShanks said:

Ah, I see you  are a man of culture as well.

I'm gutted I missed shy fx last time so will definitely be catching him this year.  

I only found Overmono recently because everybody in the electronica/dance thread were raving about them - and rightfully so, definitely going to be high up on the must see list.

And for the first time in years, I'm actually excited by the SH line up and area in general.  The Lonely Hearts stage looks really good, if the rest of the area has the same level of thought and effort put in, it could be quite special this year.

I do likes my DnB - saw DJ Hype in Silver Hayes area a few years back - absolutely smashed it. Jumpin Jack Frost down in the SE corner on the Friday or Saturday night, i think in 2019, the bass was ab-solute-ly fu**ing unbelievably heavy.

Just had a quick look at Piri & Tommy

Anyone know anything about them, just seen a couple of videos on youtube and they are really good. Anyone know what the live act is like? 

There's a couple of live videos that are pretty mellow, but looks like their actual releases are a bit more banging.

I'm digging both styles to be honest.

7 minutes ago, mazola said:

Anyone know anything about them, just seen a couple of videos on youtube and they are really good. Anyone know what the live act is like? 

There's a couple of live videos that are pretty mellow, but looks like their actual releases are a bit more banging.

she gets a lot of bad rep for not being great live - they're/she's big on tiktok and there was a video where she wasn't fantastic. but from what i can tell half their rise has been due to her being an onlyfans girl (no judgement here, do what ya gotta do and it's clearly working for her) which has given her a bit of a boost in publicity- the guy seems decent musically and it's all catchy Pink Pantheress stuff but i think they're being billed more/higher than they should.  Don't think i'll be personally rushing to see them but entirely a mystery on how big a crowd they'll pull what with the whole tiktok thing

1 hour ago, cwaite123 said:

Surprised at no Kelly Lee Owens as she's in Bristol over the weekend! Suppose she could take a daytime set on John Peel or Park or a later set at the Glade? But thought she'd be a good fit as a live set on the sonic at Silver Hayes

I was hoping the same! Finger's crossed she is announced elsewhere 😁

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mazola said:

Their live shows are like a rave type vibe, certainly not mellow. Tommy is a band called Porij as well who are alright. 

2 hours ago, danbailey80 said:

I'm 43 and know about half the poster's names. 

As usual, completely lacking one whole massive section of dance music: Deep house, progressive house, trance etc.. (No breaks either but this is not such a big draw).

I always find this so odd. For such a big budget/ area with multiple stages and venues there are huge sections of the electronic spectrum completely ignored. 

When I first started going the dance tent lineups were so much better. East and West then I think.