Silver Hayes

Crazyfool01

11 minutes ago, nikkic said:

This is how I interpreted it.

The posts seemed to be from people being fairly self-deprecating, joking about being old/out-of-touch. 

It does give the people replying to the very obvious jokes about being out of touch a chance to show everyone just how in touch they are though. Which is important.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

21 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Hence my confusion why people expected anything different?

music doesn’t standstill. If you check out and only listen to the acts from your time eventually lineups will start looking strange to you.

From your time is a bit harsh! I listen widely to mostly new music but don't know most of this line up. I'm absolutely fine with not knowing it because I have no interest really in DJ's. I like live music with live bands but suggesting someone lives in the past because they don't know the latest club culture is a bad take. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Divein said:

It’s like me moaning about Avalon or Croissant Neuf, I’ve got no clue about those stages really as they arnt aimed at me so I just keep quiet.

But that’s the issue with this forum at times and certain types of music. 

Have we got a thread about the croissant neuf line up yet? 

3 minutes ago, Acid Loafers said:

If Silver Hayes is 4 stages, Sonic + Wow + Lonely Hearts Club

Do we think the 4th one will be a big surprise or a smaller one?

Also, was the Silent Disco part of Silver Hayes? Or just nearby but listed separately?

Not sure about silent disco at SH, Chameleon bar used to have one but that's gone now.

4 minutes ago, Acid Loafers said:

If Silver Hayes is 4 stages, Sonic + Wow + Lonely Hearts Club

Do we think the 4th one will be a big surprise or a smaller one?

Also, was the Silent Disco part of Silver Hayes? Or just nearby but listed separately?

Think the fourth is “Firmly Rooted”

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

It does give the people replying to the very obvious jokes about being out of touch a chance to show everyone just how in touch they are though. Which is important.

Some people just need a place to peacock about their superior musical knowledge.

3 minutes ago, BigMarv said:

Think the fourth is “Firmly Rooted”

I’m really glad you mentioned this as my ill children related sleep deprived brain read that the cinema style stage was firmly rooted in sound system culture and I thought it didn’t really fit. 

Edited by Divein
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nobby's Old Boots said:

Kojey Radicial, Berwyn and Potter Payper are very nice additions for me, but I hope that's not the extent of the smaller acts under those genres...

+ ArrDee

They should've got someone from the High Focus label, some UK Drill and some Grime but I'm not sure if they'd draw a decent Glasto crowd 

3 minutes ago, Divein said:

I’m really glad you mentioned this as my ill children related sleep deprived brain read that the cinema style stage was firmly rooted in sound system culture and I thought it didn’t really fit. 

Me too! Took a couple of re-reads!