Silver Hayes

Crazyfool01

I'm 54 and Fatboy and Groove Armada (shame it's just a DJ set) are the only names I have any knowledge of. Silver Hayes is somewhere I enjoy strolling through on Weds and Thursday but not anywhere I normally spend a great deal of time to see acts other than in the BBC Introducing stage. I'd like to give it a whirl this year though, looking forward to seeing who gets recommended by those more knowledgeable than myself.

I like the look of the Lonely Hearts Club.

9 minutes ago, Chubby Dude in a Tiny Car said:

i was expecting to get to the bottom of that list and come out with nothing but confusion (i'm another of us on the wrong side of 40... very nearly 50)

but Channel One Sound and Dubkasm - that'll do nicely!

Was hoping for a bit more. Mungo's Hi Fi and QBF at least.

I know a few on there, luckily not too many as makes my clash anxiety worse.

Overmono is going to be rammed

11 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

I'm 43 and know about half the poster's names. 

As usual, completely lacking one whole massive section of dance music: Deep house, progressive house, trance etc.. (No breaks either but this is not such a big draw).

I always find this so odd. For such a big budget/ area with multiple stages and venues there are huge sections of the electronic spectrum completely ignored. 

That’s more Glade/Rabbit Hole/Shangri-La/Arcadia territory

Silver Hayes has increasingly been more alternative/dub/d&b, even hip-hop

I'd be interested in Bad Boy Chiller Crew, Groove Armada (even more so if they do a live set somewhere else), Patrick Topping b2b Eats Everything, Ross From Friends, Sad Night Dynamite (but I'm surprised they are on SH tbh, I saw them more as Park or JP).

Realistically it's a corner of the festival I don't find myself at often though. Hopefully with the new team and rebrand it will be a bit more inviting. 

6 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

She was due to play there in 2020 but she's also had quite a lot of success since then so can see her being on something like the JPT now. 

Ah, makes sense! Couldn't remember where the SH info came from. Clashes permitting she's a must see for me. 

3 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Was hoping for a bit more. Mungo's Hi Fi and QBF at least.

I know a few on there, luckily not too many as makes my clash anxiety worse.

Overmono is going to be rammed

Optimo Overmono, is Optimo Espacio live, am I right in thinking that?