Boris @ Glasto

leath02

2 hours ago, Smeble said:

I’m all for people listening to opposite views, echo chambers on either side are never a good thing, should always get someone in to challenge views, but I think Boris would be a step too far.

Also remember for the pyramid the political speaker must have a name that has five syllables to fit in with the crowd chant. His name doesn’t fit as it has four only 

This seems like a good place to let everyone know that I'm running for Election as the Welsh Labour candidate for Rhondda Cynon Taf County Borough Council (Pontyclun Central Ward)on May 5th. This is not a joke! Here is my Facebook personal Election Page. It would be great if people could like it and even share it. Obviously, if I get in I will be in a very positive frame of mind and as it's my 30th year attending Glastonbury this June it could be a double whammy of ecstatic potential in the fields of Avalon.https://www.facebook.com/ClunLabour

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, Martin Ashford said:

This seems like a good place to let everyone know that I'm running for Election as the Welsh Labour candidate for Rhondda Cynon Taf County Borough Council (Pontyclun Central Ward)on May 5th. This is not a joke! Here is my Facebook personal Election Page. It would be great if people could like it and even share it. Obviously, if I get in I will be in a very positive frame of mind and as it's my 30th year attending Glastonbury this June it could be a double whammy of ecstatic potential in the fields of Avalon.https://www.facebook.com/ClunLabour

done ... good luck ..... 

11 hours ago, Martin Ashford said:

Good luck pal.

I assume you’ll be running on a platform of lower taxes, better public services and Taylor Swift headlining every Glastonbury for the next 20 years.

11 hours ago, Martin Ashford said:

Best of luck, an efest elected councillor, surely a rousing speech from you in the left field tent! 😉

10 hours ago, Beaver89 said:

I'd love the opportunity to explain that the festival is a work event. Just 200,000 people sharing some barrels of cider and listening to some music after a hard 3 years of work and reassure him that all the rules are being followed.

for me, it is a work event. 🙂 

15 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Also remember for the pyramid the political speaker must have a name that has five syllables to fit in with the crowd chant. His name doesn’t fit as it has four only 

I reckon you could make "Boris Johnson's a w*nker" work quite well to the Seven Nation Army riff

On 4/18/2022 at 9:49 PM, Martin Ashford said:

I'll have a postal vote again, something I first set up for the Brexit refendum that coincided with Glastonbury.  I can't vote for you as I'm in Caerphilly CBC but your party will get my vote.

On 4/18/2022 at 7:44 PM, Rose-Colored Boy said:

He wouldn’t turn up even if for some reason they asked. 

For much of the 00's at least the Leftfield stage would always invite the three main party leaders to speak, though few ever took them up on it. Not sure if that policy remains.

• 2 weeks later...

So I got in. I beat the Tory candidate by 15 votes. I'm all signed up as a County Councillor and I have the power to grant festivals licenses. Also bars etc. This is a brilliant thing.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 12

14 minutes ago, Martin Ashford said:

So I got in. I beat the Tory candidate by 15 votes. I'm all signed up as a County Councillor and I have the power to grant festivals licenses. Also bars etc. This is a brilliant thing.

Well done pal! 15 votes just goes to show that every vote counts... looking forward to hearing about a new welsh festival for next year! Good luck with it all.

1 hour ago, Martin Ashford said:

Congratulations!  That’s great news. I suppose the hard work starts now but I’m sure you will relish and enjoy the challenge. I spent decades as a Unison rep in our local authority. It’s a good feeling assisting those who need help and feel wronged. 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris