Boris @ Glasto

leath02

Just now, philipsteak said:

He's used to those

Total thread digression: IMO labelling a reversal of a planned policy as a U-turn and criticising people for making it is one of the worst things about contemporary politics. 

Surely we want people in charge who can look at the evidence and change their mind in response to reality, not just bull on regardless?

I’m not for a moment suggesting one cannot be critical, and I would agree that repeated and consistent policy swerves are a sign of a careless, haphazard and disorganised government (Hello, No. 10). 

But I can’t help but think the gleeful cries of “U-turn” whenever one’s political opponent changes their mind is part of the problem. 

Sorry, pet hate of mine, back on topic now. 🙃

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

Total thread digression: IMO labelling a reversal of a planned policy as a U-turn and criticising people for making it is one of the worst things about contemporary politics. 

Surely we want people in charge who can look at the evidence and change their mind in response to reality, not just bull on regardless?

I’m not for a moment suggesting one cannot be critical, and I would agree that repeated and consistent policy swerves are a sign of a careless, haphazard and disorganised government (Hello, No. 10). 

But I can’t help but think the gleeful cries of “U-turn” whenever one’s political opponent changes their mind is part of the problem. 

All down to Thatcher innit

11 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

Most of the time the u-turns are because of public opinion, not new evidence. 

+1 for Boris piss throwing

31 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

Essentially what @stuie said - the reason that the U-turn accusation is so deserved for this clown and his shower of sycophantic incompetents is that they only reverse their disgraceful policy decisions when they realise that literally no-one will allow them to fly, they were a fucking shambles in the first place and they're trying to employ damage limitation.

You're completely correct that if we are unable to change our minds about things then we are doomed. That essential human trait doesn't really apply to this bunch of charlatans who have, perhaps forever, tainted public office beyond all recognition.

Ben 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

1 hour ago, leath02 said:

Not sure how I had never seen this footage before, but just stumbled across it.

Without making this a political discussion, I would Imagine the reaction to him wondering around would be very different nowadays...

As he leaves the train to be greeted by Billy Bragg my husband passes him on the opposite side, having endured the journey seated next to him. He was not impressed! 😂

1 hour ago, jimmillen said:

I would prefer it if they did this before implementing policies instead of just chucking the shit at the wall and seeing if it sticks.

Edited by Johnnyseven

3 hours ago, jimmillen said:

Agree, however, the frequency with which said “U-turns” are required is indicative of the fella being a massive c**t. 

8 minutes ago, Neil said:

he'd float, the shit always floats.

And he’s a Tory, well known for enjoying some of the, eh, shall we say, more extreme perversions. Don’t fancy going into the long drop and seeing the Boris face grinning up at me from the depths of the pit. 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

33 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Thought this thread was going to be advocating him giving a speech on the Pyramid. Rarely been happier to be wrong! 

I’m all for people listening to opposite views, echo chambers on either side are never a good thing, should always get someone in to challenge views, but I think Boris would be a step too far.