Wellies, walking boots or trainers???????

Becx99

47 minutes ago, March Hare said:

I’ve just bought Nike Gore Tex running shoes as my footwear of choice. No issue with early morning dew and surely will cut the walk time between stages 

Will report back at the end of the month

Great shoe! However I highly recommend you check out ON's they are fantastic. 

https://www.on-running.com/en-gb/

On 6/8/2022 at 7:55 AM, Kalopsia said:

Great shoe! However I highly recommend you check out ON's they are fantastic. 

https://www.on-running.com/en-gb/

Saucony Peregrines all the way for me 🙂

I'm due a new pair as mine are approaching EOL for running, but they'll be footwear of choice for the fest unless I need to break out my walking boots.

Edited by Quark

On 6/5/2022 at 10:53 AM, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

I'm open to changing my opinion, but I always think when I see people in wellies "Someday, they'll discover the joy of walking boots"

Wellies offer nothing you won't get from a good pair of walking boots, but have massive downsides.

If it's actually a mudfest like 2011 / 2016 you'll see people in wellies struggling in groups as they are sucked off their feet in the mud. 

On the other hand if it's hit they chafe horribly on your legs and are really uncomfortable 

Never wearing wellies again after 2016. My wellies were getting sucked off my feet in the clay mud which sent me flying into the ground a few times. One of those times was just after Adele had finished and I almost got trampled to death... meanwhile my mates were walking through fine with Dr Marten boots. That's what I'm going for this year!

• Like 1

Just now, highnrg123 said:

I am wearing my barefoot shoes this year. 

My Vibram five fingers are making their first appearance to Glastonbury! 

i see them, and i think about em, but primarily i think it seems like a wonderful new opportunity for blisters to form on the insides of my toes, and i think bleh 🤣 i have very delicate feet, which sucks for someone who does marathons and long distance hiking. Im so practiced at blister care now! 

Flip Flops will be 

4 minutes ago, highnrg123 said:

I am wearing my barefoot shoes this year. 

My Vibram five fingers are making their first appearance to Glastonbury! 

2 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

i see them, and i think about em, but primarily i think it seems like a wonderful new opportunity for blisters to form on the insides of my toes, and i think bleh 🤣 i have very delicate feet, which sucks for someone who does marathons and long distance hiking. Im so practiced at blister care now! 

You guys not worried about your tootsies accidentally getting hurt in crowds? 

Thinking of ditching the wellies this year and relying on walking trainers for the dry and my 1460 DM's for wet with sealskinz. I can walk fine in my wellies, but the moment the sun comes out its like poaching my feet in their own juices!

For those swearing by DM's in muddy conditions, are we talking leather 1460 type boots or some of the utility style boots?

2 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Let's see how these bad boys hold up

image.thumb.png.61b3010179a34301f197613c0bcd5b93.png

Are they Goretex or similar?  if not, you may as well drape Kleenex across the bridge of your foot. Similar waterproofing potential 🙂

15 minutes ago, Jay Pee said:

Are they Goretex or similar?  if not, you may as well drape Kleenex across the bridge of your foot. Similar waterproofing potential 🙂

The Terrex Trailmaker Mid C.RDY’s upper, with a lightweight, highly-breathable textile base, is now insulated against cold and water with a PrimaLoft® layer, keeping the water out and your feet warm and dry.

Edited by blutarsky

41 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

The Terrex Trailmaker Mid C.RDY’s upper, with a lightweight, highly-breathable textile base, is now insulated against cold and water with a PrimaLoft® layer, keeping the water out and your feet warm and dry.

I'd be careful with these @blutarsky - PrimaLoft isn't waterproof, and it's usually used in things like jackets as an alternative to goose down, so it's warm - might be bad for sweaty feet.

The https://www.bike24.com/p2496222.html product listing calls the boots 'water repellent' rather than waterproof too. 

29 minutes ago, offmytrolley said:

I'd be careful with these @blutarsky - PrimaLoft isn't waterproof, and it's usually used in things like jackets as an alternative to goose down, so it's warm - might be bad for sweaty feet.

The https://www.bike24.com/p2496222.html product listing calls the boots 'water repellent' rather than waterproof too. 

I'll give them a good once over and test them in the bath before committing to Glastonbury in them.