Wellies, walking boots or trainers???????

Becx99

29 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

Out of curiosity. Do they sell wellies on site? And if yes how much usually they cost? I am asking as I am planning to take walking boots but just in case there is some issue with them or not enough 🤔

They do yes, there are a few camping supply type places. Bought some there once, can't remember the price but wasn't outrageous. They really hurt my feet though and I never wore them again! 😕 

4 hours ago, AlexOvd said:

Out of curiosity. Do they sell wellies on site? And if yes how much usually they cost? I am asking as I am planning to take walking boots but just in case there is some issue with them or not enough 🤔

Yes, bought a pair in 2016, fifteen quid and were not great quality, the rubber  was thinner than a gimp mask and feet hurt like hell. Poor fitting and one was sucked off into the mud on the way from the other stage to the railway line. 

4 hours ago, AlexOvd said:

I’ve got waking boots and trainers just got a pair of these just in case though 

https://www.sportsdirect.com/dunlop-mens-half-wellingtons-180035?cq_src=google_ads&cq_cmp=10653972640&cq_term=&cq_plac=&cq_net=g&cq_plt=gp&gclid=Cj0KCQjw-pCVBhCFARIsAGMxhAfNGQL8PPhPy_K_Mhke48bmfzF-I8Jjl5CELcLnfhFkIzjdafIdOywaAqwVEALw_wcB#colcode=18003503

12 hours ago, Dizzy2012 said:

You might not but I think I might “need” them!! 
What are they called do you mind me asking??

The cheapest I’ve found them are on Mountain Warehouse’s EBay account  

Mountain Warehouse Expedition Extreme Mens Vibram Waterproof Boots - Leather

They are men’s boots though, I always size up for boots so can get away with a 7.

I think I need to invest a little bit more than my usual shoe zone £20 trainers this year being a lot older, heavier and less fit than 3 years ago. Can anyone recommend decent comfortable trainers which won't make my achiles bleed/blister central after a couple of days? Might even stretch to £60 if needed.... no idea what to buy. 

On 6/12/2022 at 10:16 AM, payneruk said:

Can anyone recommend a good adhesive to repair my walking boots? The outsole is slightly coming away on the front of one.

I used gorilla glue on a sole of a walking shoe, seems to have worked. Didnt over use it as it expands. I then reproofed them using Nikwax spray. 

• Thanks 1

Has anyone got any experience of wearing these boots linked below in bad conditions? With the talk of wet weather this year, I'm a bit dubious of how water proof these actually are. I've had them for a couple of years, and worn them a few times, but never been tested in rain and mud.

https://www.mandmdirect.com/01/details/KM430/Karrimor-Mens-Mendip-3-Weathertite-Hiking-Boots-Chocolate

Don't know whether I'd be better off wearing these or getting some gel insoles to put in my wellies. 

On 6/13/2022 at 8:03 PM, dingbat2 said:

I think I need to invest a little bit more than my usual shoe zone £20 trainers this year being a lot older, heavier and less fit than 3 years ago. Can anyone recommend decent comfortable trainers which won't make my achiles bleed/blister central after a couple of days? Might even stretch to £60 if needed.... no idea what to buy. 

New Balance 574

I wore an old pair of these all week in 2019, no blisters at all. 

8 minutes ago, Sky_Fly said:

I like Nike Air Max 

you just need something with decent cushioning and support 

I have done 4 festivals in varying conditions with just air max on my feet the whole time. If you've had them a while and worn them in they are great. If it's dry they'd definitely be my trainer of choice this year. 

1 hour ago, gherkin8r said:

I have done 4 festivals in varying conditions with just air max on my feet the whole time. If you've had them a while and worn them in they are great. If it's dry they'd definitely be my trainer of choice this year. 

Wearing my airmax 1s too, got them a few months ago and they did well at a day fest last night - so comfy!

21 minutes ago, mynameisjonny said:

Any recommendations for walking boots around £70ish? Would plan on somehow breaking them in over the next three days. 

My recommendation is army surplus at short notice. You shouldnt have to break them in, they're designed for use in extreme conditions with top quality materials. 

Plenty of places to buy online (ie militarymart). I use a pair of desert boots which arent exactly designed for Somerset mud but are great in hotter weather. 

25 minutes ago, mynameisjonny said:

Any recommendations for walking boots around £70ish? Would plan on somehow breaking them in over the next three days. 

I'm a big fan of hi tec, comfy fit for my wide feet. Bought a pair of these and broke them in on a 50km hike with no heel or rubbing blisters, just a couple of pressure ones on the balls of the feet. Currently down to £45 

https://www.blacks.co.uk/15902033/hi-tec-men-s-aysgarth-ii-mid-waterproof-walking-boot-15902033/?istCompanyId=d92b362f-ac8a-4a8a-87ca-c56eafad7955&istFeedId=2f99410f-1124-43d5-8232-86c184f09479&istItemId=ilprmpmtr&istBid=tzit&gclid=Cj0KCQjwkruVBhCHARIsACVIiOxyqdLKy6_bz9sf0bbbVsfnJX-sXRMKP_5RAKHf01hEx1LjYiRGmcYaAsmeEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

20 minutes ago, Glastonlocal said:

My recommendation is army surplus at short notice. You shouldnt have to break them in, they're designed for use in extreme conditions with top quality materials. 

Plenty of places to buy online (ie militarymart). I use a pair of desert boots which arent exactly designed for Somerset mud but are great in hotter weather. 

Agree. Just picked up a pair of Meindl goretex waterproof boots for 50 quid. Grade 1 so lightly used but soft as slippers. Some nice German did the breaking in for me.

Alternatively, the boss picked up a pair of waterproof Magnums  for 70 quid new. Part fabric so light as. No real breaking in required.