Wellies, walking boots or trainers???????

Becx99

You can laugh at me and create a flag saying 'wozwebs wears Skechers' but I don't care!! Bought a pair of black memory foam Skechers in 2017 for a trip to New York as I heard they were comfy. They are the comfiest trainers I've ever worn and I still wear them to walk in every day and they are still as comfy as that first day I wore them. They may look fugly but I don't care. They've started to fray a bit at the ankle so I may wear them for Glastonbury and then get a new pair.

Edited by wozwebs

10 minutes ago, wozwebs said:

You can laugh at me and create a flag saying 'wozwebs wears Skechers' but I don't care!! Bought a pair of black memory foam Skechers in 2017 for a trip to New York as I heard they were comfy. They are the comfiest trainers I've ever worn and I still wear them to walk in every day and they are still as comfy as that first day I wore them. They may look fugly but I don't care. They've started to fray a bit at the ankle so I may wear them for Glastonbury and then get a new pair.

i don't mind that they're uncool, i don't even mind that they're ugly and deeply unsexy i just have an issue with anything backed by Jamie Redknapp because hes an absolute throbber of the highest order and if he says wear em, i cant. 

He's the biggest disappointment to Jamies on the planet. And that's damning, considering Jamie Oliver exists. 

Edited by balti-pie
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

i don't mind that they're uncool, i don't even mind that they're ugly and deeply unsexy i just have an issue with anything backed by Jamie Redknapp because hes an absolute throbber of the highest order and if he says wear em, i cant. 

He's the biggest disappointment to Jamies on the planet. And that's damning, considering Jamie Oliver exists. 

Ha!! as if he actually wears them?? 

15 minutes ago, wozwebs said:

Ha!! as if he actually wears them?? 

tainted by association, nonetheless 😆 my workmate wears em and he loves em too, but he's had a bit of his skechers light dimmed by RedKrapp - he's like a shite King Midas

48 minutes ago, wozwebs said:

I keep looking at these as they're so light & well ventilated, with a huge cushioned sole.  Then my wife shakes her head at me and says they're for pensioners.  Then I stop looking. 😞 

35 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

I keep looking at these as they're so light & well ventilated, with a huge cushioned sole.  Then my wife shakes her head at me and says they're for pensioners.  Then I stop looking. 😞 

Honestly, when you are next by one of their shops (the ones in the outlets are better priced) just try a pair on, you'll be convinced

On 4/13/2022 at 1:44 PM, incident said:

I've been to every muddy Glastonbury in the last 20 years, and have yet to come across a situation where appropriate boots wouldn't cope and wellies would be necessary. I guess you could make a case for 205 if you needed to actually wade through the floods, but even that was very localised (and so avoidable), and would only apply on the Friday.

spot on.

1 hour ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Meindl Burma Pros. Not cheap, but I do a lot of walking outside the festival. They’ve served me well at Glastonbury. Comfy, coped well in 2016, and completely waterproof.

Meindl Vakkum for me.  Immense.  Got two pairs now and the pair that have been triaged to dog walking are ten years old.  Buy cheap - Buy twice

2 hours ago, gigpusher said:

That was me when I got my sealskinz socks. I needed to test just how waterproof they were. The answer is totally. Completely dry feet afterwards!

I did the same when I got mine whenever that was 😂 

3 hours ago, mazola said:

Merrell Moab 2's have got me through the last 5 or 6 years including 2016, still in good nick but if and when they go I'll just get another pair

Merrell Moab 2 Leren Halfhoge Wandelschoenen Beige | Trekkinn

My Moab 2’s survived hours of being entirely submerged on the Yorkshire peaks… Whilst others in other walking boots had wet feet after not very long at all, my feet remained dry. Have served me well since too. 

F5775E32-E2CF-4CAB-B4CD-56061719CD52.jpeg.20dfcaa17612533356006bb9d9fcdf90.jpeg

Mother Of All Boots  

Different colour to yours though. 🙂 

Edited by Alvoram

I get completely caught up in these threads and am almost swayed by some of your arguments.  But in reality I know that I prefer walking boots if I can over wellies, but if it's a wettish one wellies are great for slipping on easily and I find them quite comfortable if need be, especially just pottering around the tent, going for the early morning pee or cup of coffee.  Walking boots and DMs can be a pain to get on and off (especially with old, unsupple limbs) and I wouldn't normally put them on until I'm leaving the tent for the day.  

But at Bearded Theory my feet were most comfortable the day I wore my Birkenstock sandals all day.  In my DMs and walking boots there was a slight ache to the soles of my feet I just didn't get in my sandals.  So I'm hoping for a dry year.  Just need to decide whether to bring my old, really really comfortable ones and hope they don't fall apart or my newer ones and hope I'm right that they are broken in. 

And as to socks.  All these fancy ones.  I just take my ordinary ones, some thicker, some thin, some long welly socks.  Oh and a fluffy pair to sleep in.  Only ever wear one pair at a time.  Never had any discomfort or blisters.  

Mrs 4AM bought some Dr Marten Wellies & a Mary Quant vintage poncho off Depop which both arrived yesterday.  Absolute bargains both of them.

Vintage 1980's Mary Quant waterproof poncho 80's image 1

SHOWER- Vulcanised rubber Doc Marten Wellies! | Boots, Doc martens, Doc  martens boots

Think she spent about £70 in total.  Think she's secretly hoping for rain now the daft sod.  It's her fault the forecast has gone to shit....

11 hours ago, LoraMaze said:

Somebody please talk me out of buying these just because they look both cool and functional. I’m fairly sure it’s going to be too warm to justify that height of ankle, but they’re like £120 off at the moment 😭

61311D12-23A1-4646-909A-C610F14FE5C2.jpeg

They are lovely but you don't need them.

Twice as much to break in because of all the leg cover.

24 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Mrs 4AM bought some Dr Marten Wellies & a Mary Quant vintage poncho off Depop which both arrived yesterday.  Absolute bargains both of them.

Vintage 1980's Mary Quant waterproof poncho 80's image 1

SHOWER- Vulcanised rubber Doc Marten Wellies! | Boots, Doc martens, Doc  martens boots

Think she spent about £70 in total.  Think she's secretly hoping for rain now the daft sod.  It's her fault the forecast has gone to shit....

Those are magnificent.

I'm old enough there was plenty of Mary Quant in our house when I was a kid.