Your most controversial Glastonbury opinions

Deaf Nobby Burton

19 minutes ago, theciderviking said:

A controversial opinion would be something like the Cider Bus cider not being the best thing to drink on site.

A REALLY controversial opinion would be something like Carlsberg being the best thing to drink on site.

When you stray into matters of equality, that's just being a dick. And, you know what we all say...

Dont-be-a-dick.jpg

Brothers Strawberry Cider > Anything from the cider bus

3 minutes ago, Young Jim said:

I can’t stand ‘Glasto’ as an abbreviation. It’s completely irrational and I can’t explain why but it just makes me cringe.

I’ve seen people call this weekend “Platty Jubes”.

Instant social media unfollow. 

1 hour ago, Young Jim said:

I can’t stand ‘Glasto’ as an abbreviation. It’s completely irrational and I can’t explain why but it just makes me cringe.

Not so irrational, like people calling San Franciso "Frisco" or Amsterdam "the dam" (which totally doesn't make sense because there are many Dutch cities ending in -dam. The proper abbreviation is A'dam).

For me it's pure laziness. You won't hear me say Glasto but I do write it...

31 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Trying to imagine calling the Dam "Adam"

Mostly used in writing. OR when you are a fancy world traveler go with the airport code, AMS. Glastonbury could be GFL. Now I'm wondering if that's how the few helicopters refer to it. 

3 hours ago, theciderviking said:

A controversial opinion would be something like the Cider Bus cider not being the best thing to drink on site.

A REALLY controversial opinion would be something like Carlsberg being the best thing to drink on site.

When you stray into matters of equality, that's just being a dick. And, you know what we all say...

Dont-be-a-dick.jpg

I really do hate the cider bus cider - i ended up chucking 1/2 pint away ( discreetly so as to not upset the person who bought it for me) !

59 minutes ago, BluePaul said:

Here’s one from the Twitter…

0A135168-8C2A-4308-9472-66A50D50BFB0.thumb.jpeg.cbb0d9103095beb50ded16e1a938d60f.jpeg
I’m obviously spoiling it for everyone.  Sorry.

Not sure what age has got to do with it, pretty sure I was living my most embarrassing life at festivals in my 20s too 🤣

7 hours ago, Young Jim said:

Nothing to do with Glastonbury, but work with some who will say 'wtf'. It really grates on me that she tries to use an abbreviation that has more syllables than the proper words, I'm definitely getting old.

It's funny.  Most years I start the festival by telling myself it'll be the last one because I'm an old git and well past my best, but come Sunday evening I've done a complete 180.  

As for over 35s?  Shit, has the dude never been to the Glade?  I'd doubt you'd find anyone under 35 there most of the time.  Glade retirement home for middle aged ravers.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Spindles said:

It's funny.  Most years I start the festival by telling myself it'll be the last one because I'm an old git and well past my best, but come Sunday evening I've done a complete 180.  

As for over 35s?  Shit, has the dude never been to the Glade?  I'd doubt you'd find anyone under 35 there most of the time.  Glade retirement home for middle aged ravers.

The more festivals I go to, the less likely I am to retire from them. 

They probably give me more joy than most things in my life (bar the wife and kids).

I’m 40 next year.