Your most controversial Glastonbury opinions

Deaf Nobby Burton

• 2 weeks later...

I thought Bob Vylan was comfortably the worst fucking music I'd ever heard in my life when I gave it a go this morning. Like the worst bits of 1990s pseudo-counterculture had eaten some dodgy prawns and decided to do an aural shit in my ears. Making the Sleaford Mods seem like Albert Camus fronting Bach. Really, in a lifetime of disappointment, that was a new low.

Then this afternoon I clicked on a PartyBoi 69 clip...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

16 hours ago, Mardy said:

I thought Bob Vylan was comfortably the worst fucking music I'd ever heard in my life when I gave it a go this morning. Like the worst bits of 1990s pseudo-counterculture had eaten some dodgy prawns and decided to do an aural shit in my ears. Making the Sleaford Mods seem like Albert Camus fronting Bach. Really, in a lifetime of disappointment, that was a new low.

"I love ketamine so fucking much, I love it so much I rub it all in my crotch, I've got ket on my... etc" 

16 hours ago, Mardy said:

Hahaha this is so accurate.

17 hours ago, Mardy said:

I ain't even listened to him but this is a great review.  I need to line some up now. 

Just listened to "We Live here".  A cheery little feel good ditty

Edited by Jay Pee

18 hours ago, Mardy said:

I'd just like to say how fantastic it is to see Mardy posting again. God bless the resales, this is exactly the content I am here for.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Mardy said:

Ha ha - not just me then!  He's at Bearded Theory and I've rated the acts 1-5 with 1 being must see.  He is one of only 3 I've rated 5.  When I saw on here yesterday everyone hyping him, I listened again.  Still a 5.

20 hours ago, Mardy said:

I seen them support biffy clyro in October and thought they were dreadful I was shocked yesterday when everyone was buzzing about them getting announced! 

42 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Can’t find the main “controversial opinions” thread, so I’ll just leave this here.

Daft Punk are one of the most overrated acts in the history of music.

Preach!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Can’t find the main “controversial opinions” thread, so I’ll just leave this here.

22 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Preach!

I used to respect both of you... 

8 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Early stuff good.  Later stuff shite. Like many acts, I guess. 

• Upvote 1

On 4/15/2022 at 9:59 AM, Beerqueen said:

Although sometimes youngsters do seem to adopt me as their mum I genuinely don't mind!  

I can usually find something good to drink, no problem.  Mind you, I think I'm still thankful 20 years after V that there is any ale rather than crap overpriced lager with queues of half an hour.

Beerqueen, will you be my mum?

I probably posted something on this theme when this thread was new, but given circumstances, I'll repost.  I'm not that keen on The Glade!

It's rocky floor is uncomfortable to stand on, the F1 soundsystem is always too loud and distorted and massively overrated, it makes me uniquely claustrophobic for some reason I don't understand. I think part of it is the surround sound makes it really difficult to move back from the stage until you're at a volume level you feel comfortable with.

I kept going there, thinking I would enjoy it, but usually ended up having to leave.

However, I did really enjoy the speakers out in the wooded area while Carl Cox was ok, much more spread out and a really good vibe. Sadly, I was on my way somewhere else, so didn't get to enjoy it.

Hopefully this revamped take on the area will be more of the open air, raving in the woods vibes, and less of the stood on stones under a dirty canopy without being able to get a comfortable distance from the overrated PA vibes.

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I probably posted something on this theme when this thread was new, but given circumstances, I'll repost.  I'm not that keen on The Glade!

It's rocky floor is uncomfortable to stand on, the F1 soundsystem is always too loud and distorted and massively overrated, it makes me uniquely claustrophobic for some reason I don't understand. I think part of it is the surround sound makes it really difficult to move back from the stage until you're at a volume level you feel comfortable with.

I kept going there, thinking I would enjoy it, but usually ended up having to leave.

However, I did really enjoy the speakers out in the wooded area while Carl Cox was ok, much more spread out and a really good vibe. Sadly, I was on my way somewhere else, so didn't get to enjoy it.

Hopefully this revamped take on the area will be more of the open air, raving in the woods vibes, and less of the stood on stones under a dirty canopy without being able to get a comfortable distance from the overrated PA vibes.

Agreed. I’ve only been there once for Jon Hopkins but felt all those issues in that visit, didn’t stay to the end even though he was great.

The lineup rarely appeals too. Dance music’s equivalent of the Acoustic.

• Like 1

Just now, Bradders said:

Agreed. I’ve only been there once for Jon Hopkins but felt all those issues in that visit, didn’t stay to the end even though he was great.

The lineup rarely appeals too. Dance music’s equivalent of the Acoustic.

I stayed for about half a track of that set. Way too full of people and sound.  Had an absolute ball at W Holts five years later.