Your most controversial Glastonbury opinions

Deaf Nobby Burton

2 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

99% of the time fancy dress isn't funny or clever. People wearing it are are the festival equivalent of Barbara from accounts who says "You don't have to be mad to work here, but it helps".

She does wear that whacky hat though sometimes.

9 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

One of my few joys at work (youth hostel) is not reacting to people (usually Stag parties) in fancy dress. They're practically twitching with anticipation for a reaction and I just go totally deadpan and check them in like normal. 

You're a fucking hero. That would make me laugh, a lot. 

57 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

We rarely have a situation where the things we want to see clash, and on those rare occasions there’s usually a compromise to be had.

We have a 3 track rule, if one of us isn't enjoying after 3 tracks we move on.  This did however backfire on me at Underworld '16 when I was forced to leave mid set!  Partner also has a habit of needing the bathroom almost as soon as my must see act starts their set, I preempt this at Chems at Latitude last year by forcing them to use the facilities just before heading to the Obelisk!  We are basically glued to one another, stuff just isn't much fun without them there, I'd rather miss an act and go have fun with them.

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I bet my mate £100 that I could get on Telly. Never mentioned anything & then turned up in this for Katy Perry... I got on telly & took my ton.

Never done Fancy Dress before or since.

FB_IMG_1650364829039.jpg

I had my shark outfit with me … couldn’t be assed to head back to the tent though 

3 minutes ago, rubick said:

The only acceptable fancy dress is the fella that brought the full size green door to Shakin' Stevens.

Yeah, but that's not really fancy dress though, is it? It's just a bloke dragging a door about.

2 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

99% of the time fancy dress isn't funny or clever. People wearing it are are the festival equivalent of Barbara from accounts who says "You don't have to be mad to work here, but it helps".

I think this is the best post I’ve ever read on here. Especially when it’s something like Where’s Wally or the 118 blokes (who haven’t been around for years. Just not funny in the slightest and about as original as breathing. It’s great when it’s done properly and it’s genuinely original, but not when you’re just dressed up as a crayon or some other haphazard shit you bought off eBay.

On 4/18/2022 at 1:32 PM, kalifire said:

I’ve also been berated for “not doing Glastonbury properly” when I dared to get a bit of shut eye on the Wednesday afternoon in the green futures field. A girl behind me said, loudly: “imagine coming to Glastonbury and just going to sleep”. 

Imagine going to Glastonbury and shouting at somebody else for not doing Glastonbury in the way they think you should. Dickheads. 

Silly behaviour from her.

There is something wonderous at a festival about an nap,snooze,sleep. When you come around and there is festival going around you and you are rested up, that is a buzz right there

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, DirtyLurker said:

We have a 3 track rule, if one of us isn't enjoying after 3 tracks we move on.  This did however backfire on me at Underworld '16 when I was forced to leave mid set!  Partner also has a habit of needing the bathroom almost as soon as my must see act starts their set, I preempt this at Chems at Latitude last year by forcing them to use the facilities just before heading to the Obelisk!  We are basically glued to one another, stuff just isn't much fun without them there, I'd rather miss an act and go have fun with them.

Man I feel for you, Underworld 2016 was one of the great sets for me and it was a last minute not really sure who we fancy decision as well. My wife does the toilet thing all the time as well then the joys of I can’t find you I’m lost which flag etc 

3 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

I went to Lost Village festival dressed as hotdog. They HATED it. It was probably the most fun i’ve ever had 🙂

it serves them right for putting this on their website: https://lostvillagefestival.com/villagers/

Edited by Twiggy553
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, rubick said:

I respect a man that appreciates a good door. 

There was the bloke with the door, but there was also another one who'd made a model of a green door that opened up to reveal Shakey inside ... see attached piccie. I bumped into him later on still dragging his sign around with him. I congratulated him on his efforts but all he did was grumble that it had taken him two days to make it and he that didn't bloody play the tune.

Green Door.jpg

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Fishman said:

There was the bloke with the door, but there was also another one who'd made a model of a green door that opened up to reveal Shakey inside ... see attached piccie. I bumped into him later on still dragging his sign around with him. I congratulated him on his efforts but all he did was grumble that it had taken him two days to make it and he that didn't bloody play the tune.

Green Door.jpg

Can't wait for the tent full of inflatable Chaise Lounges this year.

18 minutes ago, rubick said:

Bloody hell, imagine being stuck behind that. You'd be all day trying to get round it what with Tony Robinson and Time Team filming. 

Tony Robinson isn’t involved with TT anymore. I don’t think they can afford his fees. 

@vintagelaureate was I supposed to order inflatable ones?

Edited by squirrelarmy

3 minutes ago, Fishman said:

Green Door.jpg

Number one the day I was born. 🙂 

23 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Can't wait for the tent full of inflatable Chaise Lounges this year.

28 minutes ago, Twiggy553 said:

I went to Lost Village festival dressed as hotdog. They HATED it. It was probably the most fun i’ve ever had 🙂

it serves them right for putting this on their website: https://lostvillagefestival.com/villagers/

When streams cross. Hold this above your head. 

7CD98F3B-BB43-4E4F-877C-4AA9F92BFCE8.jpeg

Edited by blutarsky