Your most controversial Glastonbury opinions

Deaf Nobby Burton

That it’s better now than it’s ever been.

not sure if that’s controversial but there is always a large group who say ‘it went downhill after the super fence’ and, while I was a child those years before the fence, I don’t believe that is true.

55 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

In fairness they’re only in this year after QOTSA pulled out.

Sure but it’s not like anyone but us nerds even new Queens was a thing. Could have ditched the rock angle all together and got anyone. 

4 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Yes, ultimately it’s the cost due to failing to get PP to leave most of it up all year round, but there is a also a general attitude that people would rather have the spider back over something new that can evolve over time, irrespective of the PP issue, which is I think the point both of us were referring to.

This statement kind of says it all, Glastonbury is a good testing ground for them to develop new ideas:

“Glastonbury is our home, it’s where Arcadia was born and its where we developed our art.

It is unique, and it is one of the only environments in the world where new ideas can be nurtured and developed without having to have immediate commercial viability. Most of the incredible things you see on the festival circuit started life as a bonkers idea at Glastonbury, and Pangea is no exception.”

It is Pangea is no exception.

Whatever we get from Arcadia in the future, I hope it's better during the day than a tiny mobile soundsystem in the corner of the field. Pangea was all very well, but it was off most of the time.

Unpopular opinion

There are a few people who arse kiss the festival and the Eavii no matter what, like they're above any kind of criticism. I fucking hate it. If Emily was at the entrance cutting their bollocks off with a butchers knife as they were coming in, they'd say "it's brilliant how you keep that so sharp, Emily, I barely felt it". If you love something, you need to criticise it and hold it to account (and THINK FOR YOURSELF!!), or it'll go to shit. I even find myself being extra critical of things unnecessarily just to wind these people up, and I hate that too. I hate myself. I hate you. Fuck off.

• Upvote 7

6 minutes ago, Wanderlei said:

Unpopular opinion

There are a few people who arse kiss the festival and the Eavii no matter what, like they're above any kind of criticism. I fucking hate it. If Emily was at the entrance cutting their bollocks off with a butchers knife as they were coming in, they'd say "it's brilliant how you keep that so sharp, Emily, I barely felt it". If you love something, you need to criticise it and hold it to account (and THINK FOR YOURSELF!!), or it'll go to shit. I even find myself being extra critical of things unnecessarily just to wind these people up, and I hate that too. I hate myself. I hate you. Fuck off.

Wanna hug? x

31 minutes ago, Wanderlei said:

Unpopular opinion

Isn't it brilliant how they've wound you up?

%E3%81%99%E3%81%94%E3%81%84-%E7%B4%A0%E6

3 hours ago, alframsey said:

That it’s better now than it’s ever been.

not sure if that’s controversial but there is always a large group who say ‘it went downhill after the super fence’ and, while I was a child those years before the fence, I don’t believe that is true.

Can you elaborate a bit please? What specifically was worse about the festivals you didn't go to?

44 minutes ago, Homer said:

Can you elaborate a bit please? What specifically was worse about the festivals you didn't go to?

Off the top of my head, things that are better now:

Better coffee, drainage, stage lighting+general production values, food quality (especially near the big stages), variety of music, quality of soundsystems, places to sit, plastic ban, litter picking, number of toilets, The Park, the SE Corner and the views.

And more debatable, the lack of an "edge" makes the place even more pleasant. Everyone is determined to have a great time and virtually nobody has turned up on the make, it's even more friendly than it used to be.

The modern Glastonbury is great.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 4/13/2022 at 5:32 PM, tumbles said:

I saw some parents with a kid no older than 18 months I reckon, at Fat Boy Slim/Glade about 11.30pm in 2019. Kid was tired, upset and clearly not enjoying it. Parents didn't give a fuck.   As a parent myself I'd love to bring one of mine for the day/kidz field etc but its no place for them in the evenings/night. 

i also saw this.  irresponsible at best. what is the matter with people.  

3 hours ago, Wanderlei said:

Unpopular opinion

Am I expected to write that bottom bit on my mother's day card now?