Your most controversial Glastonbury opinions

Deaf Nobby Burton

11 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I think the majority of my negative thoughts around the festival are the same points I've been making for years. Other than that, I've scraped the barrel for controversial opinion, and even they were relatively tame. I guess that's a reflection on how much I love the place. That said, I don't believe the festival gets it right every single time and GFL aren't beyond criticism

Hey, now you've gone too bloody far! 

52 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Yep. I'm 30 minutes drive from Pilton and my postcode qualifies for a Sunday ticket. My area is about as affected as someone living in the Outer Hebrides 

Not the same I know but I live about 5 miles from where Truck Festival is held which has about 20,000 punters plus then crew, artists etc....I've missed it a couple of times over the years and you wouldn't even know its on it affects us so little, the only thing you notice is the pubs in our town being a fair bit quieter as most locals go to the festival!

I have no issues with chair w*nkers I think there should maybe just be delineated spaces for them. As I get older and have a bad back I know stints in a chair are the only thing that will enable me to keep going.  I just think people need to be reasonable about where they put them. 

Not one of mine, but a friend of mine said a couple of years ago

'they should get rid of all the glamping options, if you can't hack slumming it anymore then you should give up going'

(this was after a number of our other friends booked WV/Sticklinch/Tipi for the 2020 festival that never was)

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I have no issues with chair w*nkers I think there should maybe just be delineated spaces for them. As I get older and have a bad back I know stints in a chair are the only thing that will enable me to keep going.  I just think people need to be reasonable about where they put them. 

The problem you would then have is that if you want to stand in the back portion of one of the bigger fields is that it will be completely rammed with chairs. 

I honestly think they should ban them from the main fields or at least have signs on the screens to say 'please fold away chairs during performances'

Was even worse when I went to Beautiful Days last year.

Just now, gooner1990 said:

'they should get rid of all the glamping options, if you can't hack slumming it anymore then you should give up going'

(this was after a number of our other friends booked WV/Sticklinch/Tipi for the 2020 festival that never was)

Travelling from Ireland, staying at WV (2-man scout tent) saves us another bag on the flight/coach. It's the only festival we ever 'glamp', if you can call a scout tent glamping!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Agree with this in theory, mostly as well because it flies in the face of the big community vibe they're aiming for to have people pay for extra perks when others can't afford it.

That said, I'm doing WV for the first time this year and I can't wait to have that extra convenience. 

3 minutes ago, Gingerfish79 said:

Having an electric car, I would love this. Think we’re a long way off electric charge points on the farm though! 

Yeah, I don’t doubt they’d do it in heartbeat if they could, but their ability to provide it would come down to being able to find a sponsor/supplier who could implement it for them. Without that it would be a logistical nightmare and huge cost for them at this stage.

1 hour ago, gigpusher said:

I can't be bothered to go near SE Corner late at night and my favourite part about it is the artwork. 

Completely agree…I keep thinking it’s down to my age, but in all honesty I’ve been like that since I was in my 30s…maybe 20s. I guess it’s just not for me as I just always find myself wanting to get out when I’m down there.

I love the artwork, always take a daytime look at it all - then stay clear of the SE queue.

1 minute ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Yeah, I don’t doubt they’d do it in heartbeat if they could, but their ability to provide it would come down to being able to find a sponsor/supplier who could implement it for them. Without that it would be a logistical nightmare and huge cost for them at this stage.

Agreed. With soaring electricity prices, the suns involved just to power the festival this year must be staggering.

Flags get an unfair press and overall add more to the festival then they detract from it.

When you consider the amount of people they have to serve, potentially dodgy food trucks etc, the toilets aren’t as bad as they could be.

Being in a 4 hour queue on Wednesday morning is a mug’s game.

Edited by balthazarstarbuck

10 minutes ago, Jacksamthompson said:

GIven the festivals green ethos electric cars should get preferencial treatement with closer parking than others. 

That's not so much controversial, just doesn't consider how the parking is arranged - which is based on when you arrive.

Also they may argue that encouraging public transport fits their ethos more

21 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

A controversial opinion would be that it should be only glamping options.