Your most controversial Glastonbury opinions

Deaf Nobby Burton

17 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

They let too many people in on a Sunday.

Hard agree.

I'm always tired by the end of the festival and Sunday often feels really hard to negotiate the site. I often try and stick to one particular area rather than dart around the stages to make sure I catch all the acts I want.

23 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I’ve never actually camped there (might try to this year depending on arrival time) and I know this is subjective, but I personally think (everything else aside) it’s the best overall location on site, especially with the Co-op there now. 

I really like it’s location. I seem to spend majority of my time at Pyramid, Other and Park so it’s great for all of them. 

5 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I actually watched this set back recently and you’re right. 

We left after about 15/20 minutes for BMTH, best decision of the weekend they were great 

not only did I think she was poor, but we were half a mile back, and this group who were all sitting on a picnic mat tried to argue with us that we were blocking their view and shouting at us to move , so we swiftly did (missed Chris Martin as well so a huge win) 

3 minutes ago, Obiginnaw said:

We left after about 15/20 minutes for BMTH, best decision of the weekend they were great 

not only did I think she was poor, but we were half a mile back, and this group who were all sitting on a picnic mat tried to argue with us that we were blocking their view and shouting at us to move , so we swiftly did (missed Chris Martin as well so a huge win) 

Not controversial, but people like that should be banned for life. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, One Tonne Baby said:

They should either let in less people weds/thurs, put more on or introduce more stewards/one way systems.

because everyone is going to the same stuff, especially Wednesday night, I’ve been in a couple of very uncomfortable and near dangerous crushes.

Also this will probably be very controversial, but maybe to help with that freshen what’s on up every year? I get that loads of people like Baggy Mondays, but it doesn’t exactly help the crowd situation that they’re always on every year, pretty much same time same place. If it were acts people hadn’t built up as must sees over the years then it would help with the crowds.

1 minute ago, kalifire said:

People in the outer areas of the catchment area aren’t really that affected by the festival and don’t deserve compensation via Sunday tickets. 

Yep. I'm 30 minutes drive from Pilton and my postcode qualifies for a Sunday ticket. My area is about as affected as someone living in the Outer Hebrides 

3 minutes ago, moogster said:

I get bored if I do wednesday and thursday. Arriving Thursday morning is just right. 

Now that’s an appropriate post for this thread! As someone who goes solo, I have to agree. I arrive early Wednesday for the camping spot but by Thursday lunchtime I’m ready for the music. 

2 minutes ago, Jay Pee said:

Trolleys should be banned and people only allowed to take on site what they can manage in one trip from means of transport onto site.

I like this idea, in the same way I can’t play fantasy football games because I can’t be bothered with messing around with substitutions etc. It should be pick your squad and get on with it.

3 minutes ago, Jay Pee said:

Trolleys should be banned and people only allowed to take on site what they can manage in one trip from means of transport onto site.

Take it one step further and ban cars from 2 miles of the site. Would certainly make people think if they really need all that stuff.