Where will Chris Martin appear?

Madyaker

27 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

It's been 3 years he's definitely going to be there but the question is who's set will he shoehorn himself into? It'll be on Pyramid obviously. I'm betting McCartney or Diana Ross.

Macca maybe. He can't be stinking up Diana Ross's set..

He won’t be there. His ego took a real blow last time when some people started crying that he dared to be invited to two prominent sets, like he should have said no to appease his haters. 

His band’s 2016 headline set was a Glastonbury classic and he stepped up to the plate in 2021 when the festival needed him. He gets a pass in my book.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

49 minutes ago, kalifire said:

He won’t be there. His ego took a real blow last time when some people started crying that he dared to be invited to two prominent sets, like he should have said no to appease his haters. 

His band’s 2016 headline set was a Glastonbury classic and he stepped up to the plate in 2021 when the festival needed him. He gets a pass in my book.

Yeah, he’s an easy target but ultimately he just loves the festival like we do. If I was in his position I’d want to play it as often as I could too. I get why he annoys people but him and his band popping up quite often has never really bothered me.

5 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Yeah, he’s an easy target but ultimately he just loves the festival like we do. If I was in his position I’d want to play it as often as I could too. I get why he annoys people but him and his band popping up quite often has never really bothered me.

I dont think people get annoyed, at least the people at the festival don't. It's just funny. He's hardly the only one to play loads - Frank turner must of done like 10 sets last time and nobody gets annoyed about that. 

If I was him I'd lean into it, try and play as many cameo slots on different stages as possible in the weekend. Or play a few secret sets in random locations like random campsites, at the lock ups etc. and make a joke on social media about it. 

As much as I want to dislike him, my mate used to run Crisis at Christmas in S.London and Chris would go down there every year for the setup, do whatever jobs he was told to do without question, and never used it a self-promotion opportunity.

• Upvote 1

He probably won't pop up. Not on a main stage anyway.

A thought though, is that secret set opening the Other stage still a thing? The band might turn up there for a 50+2 birthday special and 20+2 year anniversary nod of doing a similar slot before they got their boost to headliner.

He'll be hanging from a tree as an art installation all weekend, just outside Shangri La.  Suspended like Peter Pan, in a costume of his own creation (which is just a T shirt with some scribbling on) he will smile amiably down on the punters as they pass by and occasionally be hoisted down for toilet and crumpet breaks.