Field of Avalon

Crazyfool01

5 hours ago, Boomtowner said:

This surprises me! The best Wonderstuff gig  I've ever seen was when they headlined Avalon. Best performance I've ever seen there! Atmosphere was amazing

When he's talked about it before the issue was they were almost kicked off site as artists need to be off at a certain time to make way for other artists arriving. Said the fee they got for playing is the same as the fine for not getting off site quick enough.

11 hours ago, wozwebs said:

When he's talked about it before the issue was they were almost kicked off site as artists need to be off at a certain time to make way for other artists arriving. Said the fee they got for playing is the same as the fine for not getting off site quick enough.

They definitely left everything on stage in 2009, really hope I get to see them on the farm again.

9 hours ago, ClementsMike said:

PP Arnold says she’s playing Sunday afternoon between 3.20 & 4.20 … is that going to clash with Diana Ross? 
I can’t remember when the legend slot is. 

That seems crazy surely many people would want to see both. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

Absolute fucking bangers.

Going to be a blast. 

I went to Ibiza on a stag do, back in 2010.

We were on the terrace in Space, there was a very “cool” crowd (don’t include myself in that) sunglasses on, heads nodding away. 

The DJ then played a remix of Overload and the place went off. Changed the whole vibe of the evening. 

We still regularly chat about that moment! 

11 hours ago, ClementsMike said:

PP Arnold says she’s playing Sunday afternoon between 3.20 & 4.20 … is that going to clash with Diana Ross? 
I can’t remember when the legend slot is. 

Dammit.  Diana Ross is my one must see.  And PP was high on my list too but will have to be missed.

5 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I’m tempted to see PP Arnold instead, partly as its now likely to be a small crowd, may prefer to be close up rather than halfway back on the Pyramid 

I remember going to see Lucy Spraggan at Avalon instead of Kylie last time. Surprisingly there was a decent enough crowd and she was very appreciative we were there and not at the Pyramid! I do not regret my choice.

The PP Arnold, Diana Ross clash is a right kick in the balls. As I only got a ticket in the resale I’d already bought tickets for Diana Ross at Cardiff, my plan was to sell the tickets on Twickets and see her at Glastonbury now tickets were secured. Think I might keep the Cardiff tickets and go and see PP Arnold 

16 hours ago, wozwebs said:

I think either he's slightly confused there, or his comments have been misunderstood. There's no requirement for artists to get off site after they've played, nor fines for not doing so.

There are two separate things that might make it feel like that from the perspective of an artist:

- There are some pretty strict rules about when and where vehicle movement can take place, and in some cases there's scheduled "slots" to hit as preparation needs to be made. I don't know for sure but I suspect that the proximity to the SE Corner means this will affect artists playing high up on Avalon more than most.

- A lot of Stages (Avalon being a good example of this, also West Holts and Williams Green) are massively limited for space backstage and so have strict turnaround rules for equipment, and especially for vehicles - they won't allow anything into the compound before a certain time and need it gone as soon as possible after the performance. The artists themselves (and their crew) can stick around as long as they want though, and can re-enter the festival site after taking gear to a staging area outside the fence.

Not sure what fines apply to each of the above though.

54 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

Freak Like Me really is one of the all time great pop singles, if they're not clashing with anyone important I'll be there 

It’s such a belter, I’m more Round Round or Push the button (cliché I know) but Honestly 100% , there’s this golden era of boy/girl bands in the early Noughties where the actual music behind it was fucking class! Pure Shores by All Saints will be one of my all time tracks , and some of the guitar riffs from Girls Aloud are as good as you’ll find anywhere in a rock band 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Wow, that's dreadful scheduling by Avalon. Will decimate PP's crowd.

Can’t understand that if it is true. Surely Avalon would put PP on at a different time. No excuse either as they have only had 3 years knowledge of DR playing the legend slot. Just have to hope it does not occur.