Field of Avalon

Crazyfool01

30 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

😁

Think you are pretty much guaranteed Gorecki and Trans Fatty Acid in every set (I used to love the K&D remix of that, but have drifted back towards the original nowadays) . 

Excellent! Looked them up on Setlist Fm and it looks like those 2 songs usually close out the encore. Barring some hideous clash, or incapacitation, will defo be there. 

2 hours ago, GregsyA said:

It was Vampire Weekend on the Pyramid. It was keen to see Bananarama, but not at the expense of missing VW. 

Do you know something - I'm not sure if I should admit this, I was at Albert Hammond - I had heard how great he was live and when I heard Free Electric Band on the playlist I thought "I want to hear that live".  And he was bloody good too!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, David_303 said:

Hope they play this. I guess it's always going to be a staple. 

13 hours ago, whitehorses said:

Weirdly, I don’t think it is a staple in their gigs. But the man to ask is @Brave Sir Robin

Yes, Lamb do play Gorecki live, setlist.fm have it as their most played song ever and joint most in 2019 (last time they toured): https://www.setlist.fm/stats/lamb-3bd6b090.html?year=2019

You can listen to the songs most often played live by all the acts playing the festival right here.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Yes, Lamb do play Gorecki live, setlist.fm have it as their most played song ever and joint most in 2019 (last time they toured): https://www.setlist.fm/stats/lamb-3bd6b090.html?year=2019

You can listen to the songs most often played live by all the acts playing the festival right here.

Most played ever? Well, that rebuffed my poor memory soundly! 🙃

11 minutes ago, Metal Monkey said:

I'd be happy to see Reef somewhere. Didn't they play Avalon in 2019?

Yeah headlined Avalon Sunday and they clashed with the Cure so I never got to see them 

can’t see them not being there this year, so my guess is either early slot on a bigger stage or Hell stage (which seems more likely to me given the sound of the new stuff) 

16 minutes ago, Obiginnaw said:

Yeah headlined Avalon Sunday and they clashed with the Cure so I never got to see them 

can’t see them not being there this year, so my guess is either early slot on a bigger stage or Hell stage (which seems more likely to me given the sound of the new stuff) 

I didn't go in 2019 but I remember there were 3 headline bands on the Sunday I wanted to see including Reef and the Cure. I'd expect they would be there somewhere.

3 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

I saw Reef at Bearded Theory - they were great!

And me.  Great to see bands that love playing and just feed the buzz.

I went to see Fontaines DC in the Czech Republic the other week.  Great gig(s) but cant remember any crowd conversation other than a cursory "hello".  Never understand that approach.

Give me a ridiculously over emotional Joe Talbot any day of the week.

21 minutes ago, Jay Pee said:

And me.  Great to see bands that love playing and just feed the buzz.

I went to see Fontaines DC in the Czech Republic the other week.  Great gig(s) but cant remember any crowd conversation other than a cursory "hello".  Never understand that approach.

Give me a ridiculously over emotional Joe Talbot any day of the week.

Yes I love interaction with the crowd - Jeff Lynne was poor when he did the legends slot.  And I went to see Eric Clapton once - never again!  Miserable sod.

18 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

Nope didn't see them either!  I didn't look across all the stages so I may have not looked at the stage where whoever I did end up seeing was playing.  Or maybe I was just wilting in a corner of a field somewhere!  

Albert Hammond in the Acoustic? 

Probably not though as criminally there were only about 100 of in there.

15 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

Do you know something - I'm not sure if I should admit this, I was at Albert Hammond - I had heard how great he was live and when I heard Free Electric Band on the playlist I thought "I want to hear that live".  And he was bloody good too!

Sorry - just saw this. 

He was brilliant wasn't he?Such a shame everyone was elsewhere!

2 minutes ago, cheesey_toastie said:

Sorry - just saw this. 

He was brilliant wasn't he?Such a shame everyone was elsewhere!

He was great, though I think I was beginning to struggle by that point - a combination of thinking I might as well get through my beer as it was the last day, coupled with too little water so I think I was actually dehydrating (I hadn't had that much beer but it seemed to affect me disproportionately).

So now we know that the two of us were there, together with @Watergirlso I wonder who the other 97 were?

3 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

He was great, though I think I was beginning to struggle by that point - a combination of thinking I might as well get through my beer as it was the last day, coupled with too little water so I think I was actually dehydrating (I hadn't had that much beer but it seemed to affect me disproportionately).

So now we know that the two of us were there, together with @Watergirlso I wonder who the other 97 were?

I did want to see him, the Clashfinder tells me I chose Kamasi Washington instead. 

1 hour ago, danbailey80 said:

I'll be honest I'm gutted there's no Dodgy. Theyve played some amazing sets here over the years. 

Also, an outsider chance, but was hoping to see the wonder stuff and they finish their tour on the Thursday 

The Wonder Stuff are one of my favourite bands of all time but Miles has told many a tale of how he hates Glastonbury so not thinking they will be there any time soon. Would love them to play though obviously.

Edited by wozwebs