Field of Avalon

Crazyfool01

4 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Was hoping to see a return for the bar steward sons of Val Doonican, but more than quite a few decent acts here. Clashes elsewhere will dictate who we see. 

I had a feeling I asked them about 2020 and they weren't booked for that.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Just got them on the playlist - they haven't blown me away but I'll give them time.

They do rather stand out from the others so far as a bit outside the genre.

Saw Molotov Jukebox at Boomtown a few years ago and they were decent live. The lead singer is an actress (Harry Potter/Game of Thrones fame).

1 minute ago, Wanderlei said:

Saw Molotov Jukebox at Boomtown a few years ago and they were decent live. The lead singer is an actress (Harry Potter/Game of Thrones fame).

That's part of the problem with listening on Spotify - you don't really get an idea about their energy do you?  And to be fair I was just listening to the first few tracks of each artist not necessarily the ones they do live (I'll wait for Brave Sir Robin's update for that).

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Smeble said:

What exactly has he said?

Wrote a poem called "crossing the floor" which dealt in a comedic way with the issues a guy faced changing into a women, it was a few years before the current trans mania and is now pretty un PC. I won't link the youtube vid directly as there are a fair few sensitive types on here but if you want a laugh (or otherwise) it's here.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=InbPccOjrtU

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I couldn't believe how good a DJ he is.  Proper using the turntable as an instrument, not just sticking tunes on and a bit of beat matching.

I saw him at a euro festival a few years ago. Was a great set. Wasn’t long after “Hold the door” so there were a lot of Thrones fans in the crowd

4 hours ago, LinvoyPrimus said:

Just did some digging on these - need to check them out! 

Hoping they show up somewhere on the Thursday as well.

Cracking festival band.. truly uplifting. Just what we need after the last few years of shite

Usually in the past we get 1 avalon act playing a bigger stage too

2019 - the Cat Empire on Other

2017 - Hot 8 Brass Band on West Holts

2016 - Newton Faulkner on Other

2015 - K.O.G. and the Zongo Brigade on West Holts

2014 - Dry the River on John Peel

Who do you reckon it might be this year? Thinking we could get Citizens of the World Choir opening Pyramid.

1 minute ago, Acid_Haze said:

Usually in the past we get 1 avalon act playing a bigger stage too

2019 - the Cat Empire on Other

2017 - Hot 8 Brass Band on West Holts

2016 - Newton Faulkner on Other

2015 - K.O.G. and the Zongo Brigade on West Holts

2014 - Dry the River on John Peel

Who do you reckon it might be this year? Thinking we could get Citizens of the World Choir opening Pyramid.

Thinking Reef maybe opening up somewhere?

6 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

Oh sorry, it must have been someone else they clashed with - the Cure?  I dunno, but it was someone that I felt I couldn't miss anyway.

Actually, I have looked at the Clashfinder and it wasn't the Cure either so I have absolutely no idea why I didn't see Bananarama as I thought they would be great.  I had obviously found something interesting to do!

It was Vampire Weekend on the Pyramid. It was keen to see Bananarama, but not at the expense of missing VW. 

Just now, GregsyA said:

It was Vampire Weekend on the Pyramid. It was keen to see Bananarama, but not at the expense of missing VW. 

Nope didn't see them either!  I didn't look across all the stages so I may have not looked at the stage where whoever I did end up seeing was playing.  Or maybe I was just wilting in a corner of a field somewhere!  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dukeicon said:

For your very early doors clash finder 😎

Friday

8:00pm - Nick Mulvey
2.15pm - Baskery

Saturday

TBC Headline - The Hoosiers
5-6pm (approx) - Tom Robinson Band

TBC - The Longest Johns

Sunday

TBC - McFly