Field of Avalon

Crazyfool01

12 minutes ago, Splatt said:

If the Flying Machine cafe is asking for people to play it does seem that the ‘cafe stage’ is no longer officially programmed and that the Avalon Cafe has been axed rather than ‘’changing things up’. Pure speculation but I assume this saves a little slice of the Festivals budget. I’m a little sad to be honest. 

Avalon Stage and Avalon Cafe were programmed by different people anyway.

For your very early doors clash finder 😎

Friday

8:00pm - Nick Mulvey
2.15pm - Baskery

Saturday

TBC Headline - The Hoosiers
5-6pm (approx) - Tom Robinson Band

TBC - The Longest Johns

Sunday

TBC - McFly 
TBC - Imelda May
TBC - Citizens of the World Refugee Choir
TBC - Ferris & Sylvester

Edited by Dukeicon
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Splatt said:

If the Flying Machine cafe is asking for people to play it does seem that the ‘cafe stage’ is no longer officially programmed and that the Avalon Cafe has been axed rather than ‘’changing things up’. Pure speculation but I assume this saves a little slice of the Festivals budget. I’m a little sad to be honest. 

I don't know, I don't think there's space for all those acts on the main Avalon stage (unless it's running Thursday or something) so it's likely some are playing the Cafe, but they'll be looking to fill the rest of the line-up with acts already there? 

3 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

I don't know, I don't think there's space for all those acts on the main Avalon stage (unless it's running Thursday or something) so it's likely some are playing the Cafe, but they'll be looking to fill the rest of the line-up with acts already there? 

In 2019 they had the same number (25) of acts on the poster, and had 26 slots on the main Avalon Stage.

I didn't bother to cross reference to confirm whether they all matched.

3 hours ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Saw Nick Mulvey open the Pyramid Stage to one man and a dog way back when he was touring his first album. Not sure why it never happened for him but good to see that he’s still kicking about. 

He used to play Chai Wallahs cafe ages ago. He would play solo and play with Portico Quartet every day. Looking forward to seeing him again.

4 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Fields of Avalon? Can’t stand the place myself…. 

Yeah, it's all a bit gentle and swaying along isn't it?  I'm not a party animal but it all sounds a bit "music to listen to at home with a glass of wine" rather than at a festival.  

But, I haven't listened to it all yet and at least I'll know where to go if I want a sway!

Excited for Lamb and hope they don't clash too hard with anyone I was hoping to catch.  Had a memorably joyous tearful moment in 2009 when they played.  It was my first time back on the farm, I had a cider in one hand, a spliff in the other and a new friend by my side who'd become my glastonbury buddy that year.  The sun was shining and I was as happy as any moment in my life.

32 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Yeah, it's all a bit gentle and swaying along isn't it?  I'm not a party animal but it all sounds a bit "music to listen to at home with a glass of wine" rather than at a festival.  

But, I haven't listened to it all yet and at least I'll know where to go if I want a sway!

The Damned may take issue with that...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dukeicon said:

For your very early doors clash finder 😎

Friday

8:00pm - Nick Mulvey
2.15pm - Baskery

Saturday

TBC Headline - The Hoosiers
5-6pm (approx) - Tom Robinson Band

TBC - The Longest Johns

Sunday

TBC - McFly 
TBC - Imelda May
TBC - Citizens of the World Refugee Choir

Ferris & Sylvester can be added to the Sunday lineup

19 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

Molotov Jukebox as well

Just got them on the playlist - they haven't blown me away but I'll give them time.

37 minutes ago, BluePaul said:

The Damned may take issue with that...

They do rather stand out from the others so far as a bit outside the genre.