Field of Avalon

Crazyfool01

7 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

They are delicious crumpets!!! Just pointing out that all my planning etc can easily me knocked off course by something totally unplanned like a desire for food. 

Absolutely! And can also lead to some incredible discoveries!

My favourite ever being going into a 'crashed' aeroplane and finding it spray painted silver with bonkers cabin crew doing some kind of interactive show- leading to a garden with a giant soundboard controlled by waving your hands at it. Where was it? Who knows? Which year was it? Who knows that either! 

As long as there isn't a huge clash, I can't wait to see Hobo Jones open Avalon on the Friday and sing my heart out to One Way Of Life. I know they were absolutely nailed on as they've been booked for the past 10 years, but it's still great to see them confirmed. They might be the only act I see in Avalon.

8 minutes ago, Miyn said:

As long as there isn't a huge clash, I can't wait to see Hobo Jones open Avalon on the Friday and sing my heart out to One Way Of Life. I know they were absolutely nailed on as they've been booked for the past 10 years, but it's still great to see them confirmed. They might be the only act I see in Avalon.

See you there … bonus points if you hit my hat with a beach ball . 🙂 

11 minutes ago, LeeHC said:

Absolutely! And can also lead to some incredible discoveries!

My favourite ever being going into a 'crashed' aeroplane and finding it spray painted silver with bonkers cabin crew doing some kind of interactive show- leading to a garden with a giant soundboard controlled by waving your hands at it. Where was it? Who knows? Which year was it? Who knows that either! 

I remember that, I also have no idea where it was, great fun though. Might have been a different plane but didn't Thom Yorke DJ in one as well

I am going to have to find these crumpets now

For those asking about the Avalon Cafe, the Flying Machine Cafe have posted on their Facebook:

We are the stage and cafe in the Avalon Fields which is very exciting.

We are looking for folk to perform on our lovely stage who are going to be at the festival already (as we have no ticket allocation)

https://fb.watch/clbG58nOj8/

Edited by compactdisc
Couldn't get the embed to work

37 minutes ago, compactdisc said:

For those asking about the Avalon Cafe, the Flying Machine Cafe have posted on their Facebook:

https://fb.watch/clbG58nOj8/

Bit more on this on the Fields of Avalon FB page as well.

We’ve changed things up a little this year, with The Flying Machine Cafe which will also house Avalon's Cafe Stage. Next door, The Magic Teapot venue provides mugs and singalong sessions around a real piano. The spectacular rustic timber framed Avalon Inn returns, further extended with loads of seating, sessions and the finest pint onsite.

https://www.facebook.com/FieldOfAvalon/posts/655171078847406

8 minutes ago, Dukeicon said:

The spectacular rustic timber framed Avalon Inn returns, further extended with loads of seating, sessions and the finest pint onsite

Don't they mean "the most expensive pint onsite"?  😁  Still will probably buy some there though because it's such a lovely place!

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Don't they mean "the most expensive pint onsite"?  😁  Still will probably buy some there though because it's such a lovely place!

It is a great place but I'm slightly nervous it will lose what makes it special if they keep expanding it!

Thrilled about Lamb.  They always turn up in some form or another - in 2019 they did a great acoustic set in Ancient Futures.  Lou Played solo there in 2017.  Sometimes Andy does late night DJing in the Bimble Inn.  

They were the whole reason I went to my first glasto (to see them before they took a hiatus) and it only feels right that they'd be back in 2022

If the Flying Machine cafe is asking for people to play it does seem that the ‘cafe stage’ is no longer officially programmed and that the Avalon Cafe has been axed rather than ‘’changing things up’. Pure speculation but I assume this saves a little slice of the Festivals budget. I’m a little sad to be honest. 

4 minutes ago, Splatt said:

If the Flying Machine cafe is asking for people to play it does seem that the ‘cafe stage’ is no longer officially programmed and that the Avalon Cafe has been axed rather than ‘’changing things up’. Pure speculation but I assume this saves a little slice of the Festivals budget. I’m a little sad to be honest. 

Yes I suspect it allows them to sell more tickets which they probably need to recoup the losses from previous festivals.