Field of Avalon

Crazyfool01

1 minute ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Bit of a weird booking after Busted packed it out. Surely somewhere bigger could’ve housed them.

That said I don’t think they’ve ever played Glastonbury before, despite a ridiculous number of hits over nearly two decades at this point, so pleased for the boys that they’ve finally been booked. 

If they’re prepared to close the field, which they presumably are, then it gives loads of good photos and hype. 

17 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

Bananarama was way later than Kylie - we stumbled over to Avalon after Kylie to see the Blue Aeroplanes and then found ourselves front and centre for the bananas by accident!

They were definitely after Kylie as the group I was with all went over to see Bananarama (I’ve seen them recently and wasn’t impressed) so I stayed to watch Miley Cyrus who was unexpectedly really good and imo blew Kylie away

Just now, fred quimby said:

*Slowly the clash anxiety crept over poor Fred*

I'm with you there. No way I'm going to see even a tenth of the stuff I'd like to see and some of these clashes will be agonised over for months and then decided by the fact that I really like the crumpets van in the field of Avalon 😄 

1 minute ago, gigpusher said:

I'm with you there. No way I'm going to see even a tenth of the stuff I'd like to see and some of these clashes will be agonised over for months and then decided by the fact that I really like the crumpets van in the field of Avalon 😄 

😁

2 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Yes! Best crumpets on site by far!

4 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

That's the best way to choose!

I'm not too worried about sugababes clashing because I can see them at victorious, but there's so much on the line-up already there are going to be some difficult decisions.

16 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Saw Nick Mulvey open the Pyramid Stage to one man and a dog way back when he was touring his first album. Not sure why it never happened for him but good to see that he’s still kicking about. 

I was there. It was a bit rainy and he wasn't particularly well suited to the slot but I enjoyed it.

10 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I can imagine them being a nightmare for the Identity Parade round for a future series of Never Mind the Buzzcocks

Get 7 ladies in and ask the panel which one WASN'T in the Sugababes... a famously 3-person group.

I'm still waiting for the Sugababes to support the Sugababes. The Theseus' Ship of groups. Speaking of, which version do we think is playing? (I'm not all that interested either way but it's fun to wonder!)

11 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

I was there. It was a bit rainy and he wasn't particularly well suited to the slot but I enjoyed it.

Yes me too. Used to spin Cucurucu a lot during my first year of uni so it was good to catch him live while there was still at least a smidgen of hype about him. 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

The sigh of relief when you see one of these announcements and there's only a couple (or less) that you would want to see! The clash anxiety is real (not quite over missing Bananrama in 2019). Alas, I doubt i'll get to say the same for other stages when they're announced. 

Edited by kemosabe