Field of Avalon

Crazyfool01

John Cooper Clarke would be great. I generally see about 1 thing per festival on avalon as clashes take hold! 

McFly have confirmed themselves for the sunday so i reckon thats a big fat clash with Diana Ross. They’ll have to close the field anyway so an ideal time to have them on really as it it wont be as bad as it otherwise would have.

1 minute ago, Memory Man said:

John Cooper Clarke would be great. I generally see about 1 thing per festival on avalon as clashes take hold! 

McFly have confirmed themselves for the sunday so i reckon thats a big fat clash with Diana Ross. They’ll have to close the field anyway so an ideal time to have them on really as it it wont be as bad as it otherwise would have.

Yeah Bananarama clashed with Kylie in 2019 so that would make sense.  

Will be listening to a few of these this afternoon!  As said in the other thread, OMG It's the Church are fun - I saw them on the Greenpeace stage - if I remember rightly someone from this site got "married" when I was watching?  Tom Robinson could be good - the crowd belting out 2-4-6-8 Motorway could be epic!

Just now, giantkatestacks said:

Bananarama was way later than Kylie - we stumbled over to Avalon after Kylie to see the Blue Aeroplanes and then found ourselves front and centre for the bananas by accident!

Yep second this, we caught all of Kylie, wandered around for a bit and found ourselves unexpectedly at Bananarama 

11 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

Bananarama was way later than Kylie - we stumbled over to Avalon after Kylie to see the Blue Aeroplanes and then found ourselves front and centre for the bananas by accident!

Oh sorry, it must have been someone else they clashed with - the Cure?  I dunno, but it was someone that I felt I couldn't miss anyway.

Actually, I have looked at the Clashfinder and it wasn't the Cure either so I have absolutely no idea why I didn't see Bananarama as I thought they would be great.  I had obviously found something interesting to do!

Edited by Beerqueen

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah probably a good bet. The tent will be heaving for them so having that clash will lessen the amount of people trying to cram in. 

Bit of a weird booking after Busted packed it out. Surely somewhere bigger could’ve housed them.

That said I don’t think they’ve ever played Glastonbury before, despite a ridiculous number of hits over nearly two decades at this point, so pleased for the boys that they’ve finally been booked.