One song that says Glastonbury festival to you?

Cooter

28 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Whichever TDCC track it was that was used on the BBC coverage in whatever year that was. For some reason that just sticks in my mind way more than the music for any other year and massively reminds me of Glastonbury.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, buddiepaul said:

Mik Artistik for me too - the lights are on.  Great memories of sitting in in the sun while Mik meandered through the audience interacting with everyone 

Yea, can't beat a Mik show, always at his best and the most down to earth friendly bloke you could meet. Saw him a couple of times in 2019, the Spike Bar gig had an outstanding atmosphere, great stuff.

Sweet Leaf of the North!

There’s (thankfully) many things that say Glastonbury to me, or transport me straight there. If I had to go for one song (although there are many) I’d opt for One Day Like This by Elbow. But it’s the other little things....

Drinking beer from a can

smell of cut grass (and other things!)

Camping

the Dalai Lama

random pleasantness from strangers

street food 

good buskers

when I put my walking boots on

loads more....

but back to the music. When I play random shuffle, it’s never long before at least one song comes on that transports me straight back to the stage, year, I saw it live at Glastonbury. Never fails.

Sweet Disposition by Temper Trap. Not really sure why - I've never seen them at Glastonbury but I remember hearing it being played constantly around the site in 2010 I think which was my first year ❤ Not sure if BBC used it that year too 

4 minutes ago, Digi said:

Sweet Disposition by Temper Trap. Not really sure why - I've never seen them at Glastonbury but I remember hearing it being played constantly around the site in 2010 I think which was my first year ❤ Not sure if BBC used it that year too 

It was used in a closing compilation on the big screens at The Pyramid after Stevie Wonder.

Just now, amfy said:

It was used in a closing compilation on the big screens at The Pyramid after Stevie Wonder.

Ah, that'll be it - I stayed in the field for quite a while after Stevie just being a bit of a bawling, overwhelmed mess 🤣 I don't think I'll ever capture that whole Faithless into Stevie moment again ❤

6 minutes ago, Digi said:

Ah, that'll be it - I stayed in the field for quite a while after Stevie just being a bit of a bawling, overwhelmed mess 🤣 I don't think I'll ever capture that whole Faithless into Stevie moment again ❤

It was on the screens at the pyramid all 2010. Every 5 mins between acts!

6 minutes ago, Digi said:

It is still my best ever 1/2 at the farm. Will take some beating but I think for me Diana Ross/Elbow will come close as Miss Ross is an icon for me being a soul man and Elbow are my favourite group.

Just now, westholtschic said:

It is still my best ever 1/2 at the farm. Will take some beating but I think for me Diana Ross/Elbow will come close as Miss Ross is an icon for me being a soul man and Elbow are my favourite group.

I honestly can't wait for Diana Ross. Elbow? I can take or leave - I will always make a point to see them at festivals but have never been to one of their own gigs. In all honesty, I wouldn't say I'm a big Faithless fan either - it was just the whole culmination of a great weekend. First Glastonbury. Scorching weather. A great place in the crowd etc and dusk at the Pyramid ❤ The feeling that night would be ace if it could be bottled and brought out on shit days for a quick swig 

36 minutes ago, Digi said:

I honestly can't wait for Diana Ross. Elbow? I can take or leave - I will always make a point to see them at festivals but have never been to one of their own gigs. In all honesty, I wouldn't say I'm a big Faithless fan either - it was just the whole culmination of a great weekend. First Glastonbury. Scorching weather. A great place in the crowd etc and dusk at the Pyramid ❤ The feeling that night would be ace if it could be bottled and brought out on shit days for a quick swig 

Even Jack Johnson before Faithless was excellent 

4 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I cant say I agree. He is probably my leaat favourite act Ive ever seen. I just couldnt be bothered leaving. I stayed at the Pyramid all day. 

Was probably influenced by his performance after watching the football instead of Slash and Ray Davies!

My worst decision at Glastonbury ever.

11 minutes ago, kalifire said:

The theme tune to Doctor Who, especially the older version, instantly takes me back to the BBC Radiophonic Workshop at the Glade in 2014, my first Glastonbury. 

Oh wow, I missed that year and never knew they'd done a set!  That must have been quality, would have loved that.