One song that says Glastonbury festival to you?

Cooter

Mine, Tom Pettys Learning to Fly. Wandering past the pyramid many years ago on a sunny festival Thursday mid-morning and this blasted out as a very loud sound check. As I stopped, looked around and took everything in at that moment, for me, everything was perfect in the world.

49 minutes ago, Chinakat said:

I know this is beyond obvious, but has to be Waterboys. I've seen it live several times but hopefully this year where it belongs!

I've seen them there several times, but at least a couple of those were before this song, so whole of the moon was the one everyone knew and really responded to. 

Some of those years it seemed like Hothouse Flowers were always there, in their case don't go was the one that always got a big response. 

The Kinks, Waterloo Sunset, always used to be played on the Pyramid between bands

The Chemical Brothers, Keep on getting me high, from the BBC coverage a few years back but sums up the feels really 

I don’t even like this band, but after going to the festival in 2010 I started university and then despite making a bunch of student friends, couldn’t convince anybody to go with me in 2011 and so had so sit at home glumly watching it all on TV. This was the song that the BBC used that year and it is totally engraved in my head as the ‘Glastonbury song’, for better or for worse (mostly worse, although tbf it is catchy as fuck). Still expect it to kick in every year when I’m rewatching old Glastonbury sets:

5 hours ago, Chinakat said:

I know this is beyond obvious, but has to be Waterboys. I've seen it live several times but hopefully this year where it belongs!

Yep, I actually listened to this yesterday and I said to my daughter "it's the music in this rather than the words that remind me of glasto".

for me its the Levellers' version of Lowlands of Holland.

seen the Levs at Glasto a bunch of times - in fact they were the first thing i ever saw at the festival in '94 - and really there are a few songs i could choose, but for some reason that i dont even actually understand "Lowlands..." in particular always transports me right back to that field on that night - pure magic.