Masks on the coach

cheesey_toastie

Between lockdown / covid fatigue, people being (mostly) fully vaxxed and the overwhelming excitement of going to Glastonbury, I'll be surprised if the majority of people would be wearing a mask on the coach.

They probably should  - especially if its a long journey with limited air flow in the coach.

I agree with the poster, a bus on the Wednesday is probably prime time - and the worse time in terms of incubation - to catch it so I’d probably wear a mask if I hadn’t recently had covid.

But for anyone who’s recently had *covid I can’t imagine they’ll be wearing one. 

*If some new variant is around by then maybe that will change. 

20 hours ago, sime said:

The mask is about protecting other people as much as protecting yourself. I'd wear one regardless of how many others aren't. Partly to give myself (and anyone who might think the same as me) a sense of security, partly to show that there are people still wearing them and partly out of habit. I'll be wearing mine on the train to Castle Cary but am pretty sure I'll be in the minority. 

This.  Ill be wearing mine on the see coach.  I tend not to at any outdoors show, but I am still wearing them at indoor shows, sometimes the only one.  I have some long haul covid issues from the first wave, and frankly do not want to take the risk of worsening them, or potentially infecting someone else resulting in that.  2 years of long haul issues now, It's not been fun.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cheesey_toastie said:

Oh yeah - that was pretty grim. 

It was a mostly unvaxxed demographic at the time though - right? We've also now got a lot more natural immunity in the population. 

I've decided I'm going - I'm going to take a few precautions but I think you have to accept going comes with some acceptance of risk.

4 hours ago, incident said:

As I understand it a large part of the problem at Boardmasters is precisely that parts aren't outside - specifically, there's a lot of associated clubs etc in the town, and with the festival itself being split across two sites, there's people crammed into shuttle buses travelling between them.

I think it was mostly the travelling to town / clubs and also the hygiene in general. The toilets were beyond disgusting, far worse than Reading 2 weeks later. They were hardly cleaned and i know no festival toilets are nice but boardmasters last year was a whole new level of gross.