Is Glastonbury this year your first festival ever

marathonsteve

It's my friends first ever festival! All of ours first glasto. Praying for good weather for him (and the rest of us).

He's never had a good camping experience - I distinctly remember all of our DofE camping weekends being horrendously wet and his tent leaking. Also we did camping for a week on NCS and again it chucked it down and he was pretty unhappy about it.

I love a festival and camping no matter the weather and have done since I was a kid. Seeing the thread of people who didn't enjoy glasto has got me a tad concerned I'll have a similar story after June...

35 minutes ago, George1399 said:

It's my friends first ever festival! All of ours first glasto. Praying for good weather for him (and the rest of us).

He's never had a good camping experience - I distinctly remember all of our DofE camping weekends being horrendously wet and his tent leaking. Also we did camping for a week on NCS and again it chucked it down and he was pretty unhappy about it.

I love a festival and camping no matter the weather and have done since I was a kid. Seeing the thread of people who didn't enjoy glasto has got me a tad concerned I'll have a similar story after June...

Point him to our podcast, might get him excited 🙂

I am so very much praying for good weather... just mild, middle of the road weather, you know?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GlastoCast said:

I am so very much praying for good weather... just mild, middle of the road weather, you know?

I’ll endorse the Glastocast, only just got round listening to the last two (volunteering and Luke from Greenpeace) due to not being able to face anything Glasto related for two years. But they were both fantastic and I could have listen to Luke all day. 

So yeah, Glastocast for any first timers and I’m very jealous as it’ll both your head off. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

I am so jealous of the first-timers, prepare to be blown away, it is nothing like the TV version. I'll never forget that first glimpse of the site from my coach in 2009 as we descended into the village and on to Gate A, my gob remains smacked to this very day.

Pretty worried i've hyped it up too much being on here honestly! I've done a decent amount of weekend festivals and enjoyed a lot of them - i'm concerned i might be thinking glastonbury is a bigger step up above the others than it actually is

Just now, gfa said:

Pretty worried i've hyped it up too much being on here honestly! I've done a decent amount of weekend festivals and enjoyed a lot of them - i'm concerned i might be thinking glastonbury is a bigger step up above the others than it actually is

Fear not... I was in a similar position in 2019 having done my fair share of festivals, had absorbed as much Glasto pre hype and almost very prepared ito be like "oh yeah it was good, but not as good as everyone says" ... But no, it's one of the few things in life that is better than you expect. I cannot wait to be back

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GlastoCast said:

Oh sounds good! 

Nothing like hearing other people's experience and excitement to get you buzzing for an event!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gfa said:

I wouldn’t worry about it, obviously everyone is different but I’ve been to plenty of other festivals and I can totally take or leave going to any of them again. In fact generally once I’ve been twice I’m never been at all fussed about going for a third time. Glastonbury just completely transcends normal festivals for so many different reasons, I actually dread the point in the future when I won’t be able to go for any reason.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

1 hour ago, gfa said:

I did five readings and one download before I went to Glastonbury in 2004, you'll be fine. 

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Well this is probably the most hyped corner of the internet for Glastonbury there is so I can understand your fear. That said, as you can tell we all love it. FWIW my other festivals will have been  Reading (89/90), Beautiful Days and Bloodstock and the difference in scale is huge, not just in the number of people but also the variety of things to do and experience. Have a flipping great festival. I hope it lives up to our hype for you.

Yup,  Glasto virgin and super excited! 

Have done loads before, including the wash out that was Glade 2007.

Trying not to get too excited, by spending daily checks on here, watching countless youtubes over and over again. Ive started buying bits, sourcing outfits ect. 

Camping with my old festival crew though, and Ive not seen them in years. 

First time! Tried every year since moving over from New Zealand in 2017. Always wanted to go and just honestly can't believe its happening in 72 days, already started getting things ordered and bought a new fresh and black tent last night.

First time posting on here too! 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

It’s gonna be fun reading the reviews after from those posting on here … especially looking out for @circus92 as I know the rollercoaster it’s been for him … it’s gonna feel like a very different one for me knowing so many people around the site … ok I’ve been on here for years but I’ve felt the last few years I’ve made lots of new friends 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

It’s gonna be fun reading the reviews after from those posting on here … especially looking out for @circus92 as I know the rollercoaster it’s been for him … it’s gonna feel like a very different one for me knowing so many people around the site … ok I’ve been on here for years but I’ve felt the last few years I’ve made lots of new friends 

Yes in some ways the pandemic was actually good for getting to know people better.