People who have hated Glastonbury

e_p

20 minutes ago, stt11 said:

But don’t you think Emily is overrated? She didn’t invent Glastonbury and she hates women. She’s into this sort of feminism that only emancipates women if they are wealthy. When these famous guys are all over her and she has these policies, I don’t think it’s right. I’m morally repulsed by it. That ticket thing she, normally, does with people every year is cruel. These famous guys that praise her in a big way, publicly. I don’t understand them. I mean how can you be into an idiot that spends all year putting on ticket sales that deprive poor families of cheap holidays. That’s just wrong.

Maybe this place isnt for you...

37 minutes ago, stt11 said:

But don’t you think Emily is overrated? She didn’t invent Glastonbury and she hates women. She’s into this sort of feminism that only emancipates women if they are wealthy. When these famous guys are all over her and she has these policies, I don’t think it’s right. I’m morally repulsed by it. That ticket thing she, normally, does with people every year is cruel. These famous guys that praise her in a big way, publicly. I don’t understand them. I mean how can you be into an idiot that spends all year putting on ticket sales that deprive poor families of cheap holidays. That’s just wrong.

Didn't she not too long ago criticise her own organisation for a perceived "impenetrable" culture of male domination? I don't think you're trolling, if I recall from the past you've been critical of Emily and the organisation at large, but I think you're slightly off on this one. It's quite difficult to form a definitive opinion on Emily, as she deservedly leads a very private life despite being a very prominent and influential young woman but from what I can tell, she's only ever promoted the only kind of feminism that I'm aware of, and that's one based upon equality for all

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

It’s definitely an advantage for people with male equipment to use a lenor bottle in the middle of the night. Definitely a struggle for the opposite equipped although there may be an alternative bottle. 

Why lenor bottles are the receptacle of choice is down to the wide neck, opaque bottle and usually still has a bit of a fresh smell. 

It’s shape is also unique compared to drinks bottles so when you’re fumbling around in the dark you know you have the right bottle. 

For those not wanting to take the trek to the loos in the rain and mud during the night it’s a must pack. It’s far better doing that than being one of those scruffy twats who just piss on a neighbouring tent. I have been at festivals where they do that. 

She-wee if you're practiced at it, Pot Noodle (other brands available!) pot and decant to your bottle of choice if not. Or a paper pint cup but they can be a little unstable and spilly.

nah, ya see, you've gone in too heavy there. If you'd dialled it back, i think you could have kept this up for a while. But you've shot your bolt, so to speak. A shame, i quite like watching WUMS annoying people 🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, stt11 said:

I think Emily Eavis just turned up. I don’t think she was booked to appear in advance. Apparently she was frolicking with all the  guys in the audience, showing them a bit of leg and that. I wasn’t there, but all the best vloggers, on You  Tube, recalled how they had bonded with her and so on. I think it was quite violent. I think there were big bouncers wrestling women away from the front of the mosh pit. So that Emily could meet all the right people. It sounds like it got really nasty. I bet she killed a few people with Covid that night.

Enough. No idea why you hate Emily Eavis or are making up lies about her but stop it right now. This is not the place.

1 minute ago, balti-pie said:

nah, ya see, you've gone in too heavy there. If you'd dialled it back, i think you could have kept this up for a while. But you've shot your bolt, so to speak. A shame, i quite like watching WUMS annoying people 🤷‍♂️

Well a lot of people were annoyed by watching Emily Eavis at The Chemical Brothers set Lattitude 2021. I wish they’d shoot her in the foot.

On 4/11/2022 at 11:03 AM, gigpusher said:

I am actually incredibly impressed when people's first one is one of the bad ones and they still come back. 

Testament to how strong the Glasto bug can be! 2016 was my first and not only was it mud-ageddon but I hadn't brought wellies, caught food poisoning thereby missing the only headliner I cared to see, and ended up leaving during Coldplay only to spend a cold, muddy night in the lobby of a Travelodge before my 10-hour bus ride home. 

Loved it. I've not missed a year since. 

1 minute ago, oakdown said:

Testament to how strong the Glasto bug can be! 2016 was my first and not only was it mud-ageddon but I hadn't brought wellies, caught food poisoning thereby missing the only headliner I cared to see, and ended up leaving during Coldplay only to spend a cold, muddy night in the lobby of a Travelodge before my 10-hour bus ride home. 

Loved it. I've not missed a year since. 

2016 was my second one, 2014 my first.  2014 was quite muddy and there were a couple of storms.  2016 was tough and tiring but as I recall, it didn't actually rain that much during the festival - the damage was mainly done beforehand.  If you see pictures during that year, most people are wearing t-shirts.  I think it could have been even more miserable if there had been relentless rain as well.

9 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

2016 was my second one, 2014 my first.  2014 was quite muddy and there were a couple of storms.  2016 was tough and tiring but as I recall, it didn't actually rain that much during the festival - the damage was mainly done beforehand.  If you see pictures during that year, most people are wearing t-shirts.  I think it could have been even more miserable if there had been relentless rain as well.

Oh for sure, the actual weather during the festival was fine, but trying to navigate through all the mud was exhausting. I was very unfit and only had these massive clunky walking shoes that weighed a ton after about five minutes. Grim. 

2 minutes ago, oakdown said:

Oh for sure, the actual weather during the festival was fine, but trying to navigate through all the mud was exhausting. I was very unfit and only had these massive clunky walking shoes that weighed a ton after about five minutes. Grim. 

And as the mud dried it became stickier and stickier!

Just to bring this back on track to toilet chat…  my mate ended up sat next to a pile of spilt travel John, like that half coagulated blobby frogspawn stuff. He was not familiar with the travel John concept and poked the pile asking ‘what’s with this weird pile of ice that’s half melted’

never seem someone shift it to a hand washing station so quickly 

4 minutes ago, Old_Johno said:

Just to bring this back on track to toilet chat…  my mate ended up sat next to a pile of spilt travel John, like that half coagulated blobby frogspawn stuff. He was not familiar with the travel John concept and poked the pile asking ‘what’s with this weird pile of ice that’s half melted’

never seem someone shift it to a hand washing station so quickly 

Oh god. Have had to deal with quite a few as a litterpicker too.. 🤢🤢 

If you must use something so environmentally unfriendly at least get rid of it properly...

You can actually buy a plastic bottles which are purpose made for peeing in. It comes with a handle, and secure lid. They sell them in female and male shaped varieties, and are designed to be easy to hold on to while you go.

I have had one of these for years now. It lives in the small "porch" area of the tent during festivals, many tents don't have a groundsheet in this area. You can use it facing into your tent porch, away from your sleeping bag/clothes, etc. I can't imagine having to traipse off to the toilet in the middle of the night anymore.

On 4/11/2022 at 2:38 PM, Jacksamthompson said:

Great thread guys. In my head peoeple are stupid to go straight into Glasto without doing another big festival beforehand to make sure you actually like em. I think a lot of festival virgins dont appreciate actually how much of the weekend is taken up sluming it 'camping'. 

Some of the bigger site weekend ones can't be too different - or big ones abroad like Rosklide or Sziget that have equally expansive sites

On 4/11/2022 at 2:48 PM, Jacksamthompson said:

On the other hand... going to other (lesser) festivals upholds your love for glasto! Ive been to loads of other festivals, but havent got lucky with glasto tickets before. Ive hyped this up so much i dont think anything can live up to it unfortunately. 

Definitely worried about this too - ah well!

On 4/11/2022 at 10:03 AM, Boris said:

I struggle to comprehend this. They were on site@ Glasto but rather than incorporate themselves they watched it on TV?! 

Yes, I’m afraid it’s true. No I can’t explain it either. In fact their CV was very close to the top of the hill of death so there wasn’t even much of a trek required to get on site.

On 4/11/2022 at 1:16 PM, gooner1990 said:

I think in fairness that was a lot of people who were camped at the bottom of Pennards who not only had their tents ruined, everything inside, clothes, kit, drugs, booze etc was all in a mess/ruined.  

I think that would push even the hardened festival goer to the limit!

Yeah, fair enough. It was absolute carnage on the site the whole weekend to be fair even though the weather was brilliant the damage was already done. 

Having said that, 84 I didn't have a tent tent and not even a bag of spare clothes. Same 95, no tent but had a bag with spare socks and undies etc although only had a pair of shorts and no spare pants. Doh.