People who have hated Glastonbury

e_p

I think more than anything it's a shame so many people are interested in such achingly dull people to the point they get sponsors giving them stuff like that. I don't in any way begrudge them earning a living like that, good luck to them and i'm sure most of us would do the same if we could, its just annoying how so many people are interested in such dull, generic people, I just don't really understand the appeal in what such a vanilla couple have got to say about anything, who cares? They obviously have no absolutely no interest in Glastonbury and would never think to go ordinarily, but have been asked to go by EE so you cant really blame them for that, the festival obviously benefits from its relationship with them and part of that relationship is clearly that EE get tickets to use in that way, so unfortunately it all helps the festival work in its own way.

1 hour ago, Jacksamthompson said:

On the other hand... going to other (lesser) festivals upholds your love for glasto! Ive been to loads of other festivals, but havent got lucky with glasto tickets before. Ive hyped this up so much i dont think anything can live up to it unfortunately. 

Mate it will be great, just go with it and don’t make a list of too many bands, plus if you like the party side of things spend time in the SE until sunrise (not my normal scene at all but actually what makes Glasto for me as where else can you do that after a day of bands, certainly not Reading which used to be my festival of choice) I’m actually jealous of first timers but so thankful to be going to number 8 for me.

2 minutes ago, Jay Pee said:

Will you all STOP being so reasonable about influencers 🙂

I don't like influencers. I think they are really damaging to society as a whole and I hate the attitude they have with small businesses asking them for freebies for attention. I know you can say they are just making a living etc but they are selling a lifestyle to other that people can't afford and making people think scrounging is an attractive attribute. My Goddaughter has set up her own cake making business and to support her I tend to buy from her for friends and families birthdays. My sister who is much more into influencer culture than me assumed I sent them all the time because I was getting a big discount or they were free. It wouldn't even occur to me to ask for a discount let alone expect freebies from a young girl in her 20's starting out. 

7 minutes ago, Jay Pee said:

Will you all STOP being so reasonable about influencers 🙂

Hehe, exactly. 

i do begrudge them

i wouldn’t do the same if i could

Absolutely not ‘fair play’ to them.

They’re a shower of pricks, and a blight on society, the whole lot of ‘em 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, clarkete said:

I'd rather they went along and had a good time than the ones who sh*t in a tent and leave it for some poor fecker to clean up

Somebody sold us some crap drugs in 1995, so we went back and had a shit in their sleeping bag, and frankly, over 25 years later, I'm OK with that.

22 minutes ago, clarkete said:

I'd rather they went along and had a good time than the ones who sh*t in a tent and leave it for some poor fecker to clean up

Or the pissing in Lenor bottles crew. Loads of you fuckers on here do it. I mean I know you empty it but still, fuck me. Theres a toilet within a 2 minute walk.

Also, why so brand specific? Is Lidl or Aldi too down market for you? To piss into in the dark in your tent. 

Anyway on topic, mate of mine went in 2010 and had an absolute ball and never went back. Go figure.

• Like 1

Lenor bottles, as opposed to others,  have a label or colour covering it all, so when you empty it in the bog in the morning it doesn’t look like you’re carrying piss around.  Even though everyone knows you are.

Also it has a bigger opening to reduce risk.

That’s what my nan says anyway.

Edited by Gwladboy

5 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Or the pissing in Lenor bottles crew. Loads of you fuckers on here do it. I mean I know you empty it but still, fuck me. Theres a toilet within a 2 minute walk.

Also, why so brand specific? Is Lidl or Aldi too down market for you? To piss into in the dark in your tent. 

Anyway on topic, mate of mine went in 2010 and had an absolute ball and never went back. Go figure.

Belfast International Airport Baggage Scan:

"What's this?"

"It's a Lenor bottle mate."

"I can see that. Why are you bringing it?"

"It's for pishing in."

"Is it, aye? Well you may fuck that out of that bag or you'll be getting on no fucking plane."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jacksamthompson said:

On the other hand... going to other (lesser) festivals upholds your love for glasto! Ive been to loads of other festivals, but havent got lucky with glasto tickets before. Ive hyped this up so much i dont think anything can live up to it unfortunately. 

Setting a reminder to come back to this comment post festival... I'm looking forward to hearing what your response will be (my bet is it'll still exceed your expectations!)

31 minutes ago, The Nal said:

It’s just like hoover or tannoy isn’t it, much easier to use the widely acknowledged brand name for ease, unless you’re actually Alan Patridge?

46 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Like you don't do it. I know you're fishing for a reaction, so I'll give you the one you expect.

As you well know, a toilet that's 2 minutes walk during the day when you're up and about is a lot more than 2 minutes walk in the middle of the night having to extricate yourself from a sleeping bag, pull on some clothes, leave the tent, navigate a load of badly placed dark coloured guy ropes, all while it's pissing rain.

Also, a toilet that's 2 minutes walk is way too fucking close to the tent.

For what it's worth, I go with Fairy Laundry Detergent, not Lenor. Just seems to be a bit ergonomically better.

8 hours ago, rubick said:

Not quite in the same category but I was once at a festival where The Killers were headlining. They aren't really for us so we came back to our tent for late night supplies and the Killers fans in Killers t-shirts were sat round their tent next to ours singing along to a Killers CD.

Read this while lurking earlier. Made me laugh. I just like the idea of fans of a band at a festival where they're playing deciding to celebrate the band with their own parallel party that ignores the show.

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

I thought there was a time when some of those folks would abandon their tent, gear and Lenor /tupperware of pee? 

Clearly they should get the cat o' nine tails for that, I'm less fussed if people clean up their own mess. 

5 hours ago, micropizza said:

One year a group of friends invited new people, when one of them arrived it looked like they'd spent hundreds on new camping gear that the internet told her to get, spent ages unpacking loads of crap but then it rained and she didnt like the mud so she left, leaving all her setup behind.

ON THURSDAY.

Oh dear Lord.

I don't like camping much so get if that might be a deal-breaker for me getting into this event, even if it's always looked awesome on TV, but that's kinda extraordinary tbh.

3 hours ago, The Nal said:

Where do you draw the line on toilet convenience? Are people with en suites at home lazy for not walking to the end of the landing? But surely the bathroom should be downstairs where it belongs? Or before that a shack in the garden, or maybe just a hole in the ground?

a Lenor bottle or generic copyright ignored alternative is just a cheap version of a piss pot you can buy from Amazon or where ever, people have been pissing in pots for centuries, get over it.🙄🙄