Glastonbury Hangover Night Routines

gfa

On 4/25/2022 at 9:48 PM, DareToDibble said:

Off the back of reading this thread I bought these the other week: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B018IV6WQS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And I can only thank you all, they've sorted me right out after some heavy nights of drinking the last couple of weeks!

Tried these after quite a few ciders last night, took two before bed and another this morning. They worked a treat so will be stocking up for the festival.

On 4/25/2022 at 9:48 PM, DareToDibble said:

Off the back of reading this thread I bought these the other week: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B018IV6WQS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And I can only thank you all, they've sorted me right out after some heavy nights of drinking the last couple of weeks!

I also bought these and they taste absolutely vile! Didn't feel much effect either i thought - will try them again though

26 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I really struggled with the Lemon ones but have found the Blackcurrant ones a lot nicer.

It was the blackcurrant i have! don't even want to imagine the lemon haha

On 4/10/2022 at 7:59 AM, sisco said:

I’ve always had this too (and I’m a big baby with hangovers).  I can only presume it’s the steady flow of alcohol throughout the day/night rather than the quick few hour hit when you go out on an evening

100% this. I can have 15 pints slowly throughout the day/night at Glastonbury and feel as fresh as a daisy the next day. If I went to my local tonight and had 6/7 pints in a 3 hour period I’d feel absolutely horrific tomorrow! 

I tend to not bother to eat all day, unless one of my various wives (I've been going to Glasto so long I've been with two different wives; I'm not a bigamist) forces something on me. I try and eat as much as I can in the morning. Then I carry nuts and crisps around with me and shove them in as and when.

2 hours ago, Homer said:

I tend to not bother to eat all day, unless one of my various wives (I've been going to Glasto so long I've been with two different wives; I'm not a bigamist) forces something on me. I try and eat as much as I can in the morning. Then I carry nuts and crisps around with me and shove them in as and when.

You could have left that bit for a conversation starter at the meet! 

6 hours ago, gfa said:

It was the blackcurrant i have! don't even want to imagine the lemon haha

Haha I actually thought the blackcurrant ones taste great!

Either way, not convinced ORS are any better than the High 5 tabs I had which work out cheaper so might go back to them. 

I can’t believe there’s some of you who get back to wherever your sleeping at the festival in a good enough state to start preparing for the next days hangover.

I get back to my tent feeling like I’m in a different dimension 😂

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I can’t believe there’s some of you who get back to wherever your sleeping at the festival in a good enough state to start preparing for the next days hangover.

I get back to my tent feeling like I’m in a different dimension 😂

But at least you're making it back to your tent... 😜

Edited by vintagelaureate

Hydration salts in water during the day taking sips in between alcoholic drinks. Then glass of water, milk thistle, berocca & ibuprofen before bed & possible diazepam depending on state. Then in the morning, a glass of the below accompanying an egg & bacon bap, and you’re good to go 💪 It even tastes like medicine!  

DD7F7EF6-8386-47D3-86B1-6756593119EA.png.24574b80cee2c65e85981b10aebf8571.png

• Upvote 2

I struggle with eating as well, so I used to take something like a load of grenade bars with me, if it’s any use they keep having loads of different offers on their site, including one for an additional 35% off using code GREBLC :https://www.grenade.com (not affiliated at all in anyway by the way, one of my mates sent me that code) Unfortunately they’re not vegan, so they’re no good to me anymore 

I can’t be arsed bringing any cooking gear with me and it could be several hours between waking up and leaving the tent and being in a position to eat something by the time you round everyone up. I tend to find on things like stag dos and festivals I actually lose weight because I don’t eat enough, so eating a couple of those when I woke up helped to prevent that, they’re about 370 calories each so eating two means I’m front loading a load of calories early on, then by the time we actually leave the tent I eat again but that is effectively lunch, then it’s just a case of trying to make myself have something else later on in the afternoon before I’m too pissed.

2 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I struggle with eating as well, so I used to take something like a load of grenade bars with me, if it’s any use they keep having loads of different offers on their site, including one for an additional 35% off using code GREBLC :https://www.grenade.com (not affiliated at all in anyway by the way, one of my mates sent me that code) Unfortunately they’re not vegan, so they’re no good to me anymore 

I can’t be arsed bringing any cooking gear with me and it could be several hours between waking up and leaving the tent and being in a position to eat something by the time you round everyone up. I tend to find on things like stag dos and festivals I actually lose weight because I don’t eat enough, so eating a couple of those when I woke up helped to prevent that, they’re about 370 calories each so eating two means I’m front loading a load of calories early on, then by the time we actually leave the tent I eat again but that is effectively lunch, then it’s just a case of trying to make myself have something else later on in the afternoon before I’m too pissed.

Have you thought about trying Huel? 

6 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

I like Huel the powder (although my protein do an alternative that is cheaper) but their protein bars are absolutely awful taste wise and incredibly chewy.

Could just bring a bag of that though I suppose, would be almost as easy.

This is the My Protein alternative but it’s often out of stock (like now)

https://www.myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/whole-fuel-blend/11314911.html

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

Just now, JoeyT said:

I’ve just started on that literally about 4 days ago.

Hoping it might help me lose a bit of excess timber...

Just now, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I like Huel the powder (although my protein do an alternative that is cheaper) but their protein bars are absolutely awful taste wise and incredibly chewy. 

I tried one of their shakes the other day when I was in a rush and didn’t have time for lunch. Tasted good, but I was still starving afterwards. It also needs refrigerating… 

6 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I’ve just started on that literally about 4 days ago.

Hoping it might help me lose a bit of excess timber...

It will do if you mostly stick to just that, I’ve done it before when I’ve wanted to strip a bit of fat and lost weight in no time.

Worth getting some of the My Protein stuff if you can catch it in stock as it’s much cheaper then Huel but essentially the same thing.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

5 hours ago, blutarsky said:

Guy i know at uni in first year pretty much only ate Huel (and takeaways). Seemed to survive although obviously everyone mocked him for it

There is a juice bar near West Holts I’m hoping will make a comeback. They did one called “Jungle Juice” that healed my extremely sore mouth within minutes. This year I will drink more water to hopefully avoid achieving a diseased tongue through forgetting I am a human, and not a machine 🤣

On 5/2/2022 at 12:57 PM, gfa said:

Guy i know at uni in first year pretty much only ate Huel (and takeaways). Seemed to survive although obviously everyone mocked him for it

It’s nutritionally complete so you shouldn’t have any issues doing it. I’ve had periods were I’ve more or less done the same thing, I like food but I don’t have a huge appetite so I’ve had weeks we’re I’ve had a normal breakfast then Huel for lunch and dinner. I’ve broken the habit now as it’s not a great way to live really, and part of the reason I went vegan was to be more varied with what I ate. But basically you won’t get scurvy through doing it!