Regrets? I've had a few...

BluePaul

On 4/8/2022 at 2:44 PM, t0paz said:

2000 when I didn’t see Bowie. Can’t even remember what I was watching instead…

Same. Never managed to forgive myself. The chap I was camping with discovered he had ‘relationship issues’ back home - and in all the text panic & commotion we ended up just catching the end of Basement Jaxx on the Other Stage …completely forgetting Bowie was on. Gutted.

58 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

Yeah, imagine the 'Regret' story if he'd stayed.

It's a terrible place for an emergency 😧

31 minutes ago, dogeggs said:

Same. Never managed to forgive myself. The chap I was camping with discovered he had ‘relationship issues’ back home - and in all the text panic & commotion we ended up just catching the end of Basement Jaxx on the Other Stage …completely forgetting Bowie was on. Gutted.

I was at Bowie, unlike (it seems) everyone else it wasn't a transformative experience, nor the best set I've ever seen there. Mind you I would have likely been ballaxed. 

3 minutes ago, clarkete said:

It's a terrible place for an emergency 😧

I was at Bowie, unlike (it seems) everyone else it wasn't a transformative experience, nor the best set I've ever seen there. Mind you I would have likely been ballaxed. 

I don’t know if I would’ve found it transformative. He was just someone I’d wanted to see and am still cross with myself that I threw away the chance - even though it was through awkward circumstances and rum infused poor memory. 

On 4/8/2022 at 5:41 PM, stuie said:

I have regrets every single time during the post-festival processing period.  

The reality is I've seen shitloads of stuff and got the most out of it I can, but there's that much going on all at the same time, it's hard not to get that feeling even after 10 years.

Aye, always find myself watching the highlights show the Friday afterwards thinking “should have gone to that” at almost everything they show.

27 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Aye, always find myself watching the highlights show the Friday afterwards thinking “should have gone to that” at almost everything they show.

Next time imagine you are way at the back, the wind is taking the sound away, people chatting all around you, just spilt half cider down you and think man I'll be sticky all day. Maybe Mrs Jass not into it and saying shall we get some food .

May take the edge off of it

Edited by fred quimby

3 hours ago, fred quimby said:

Next time imagine you are way at the back, the wind is taking the sound away, people chatting all around you, just spilt half cider down you and think man I'll be sticky all day. Maybe Mrs Jass not into it and saying shall we get some food .

May take the edge off of it

Don't forget either sunburn or trench foot 

On 4/8/2022 at 3:07 PM, BlackZeppelin said:

Ed Sheeran over anybody else

I think we went to see what the fuss was about, and regretted it, ended up at Justice at WH

Let my Mrs drag me to Ed Sheeran, dire. We left after half an hour.

Ended up having to physically fight our way OUT of the field, people simply wouldn’t let us past! 

By the time we got round to WH we ended up getting a crepe and listened from round the corner!

On 4/8/2022 at 8:09 PM, Spindles said:

I don't know who I missed Sunday night in 2013, but I saw the fucking mumfords.  I'd seen 2 amazing headline sets the previous evenings (Portishead and the stones) and it was just a flat, dull performance where the crowd woke up for 2 songs.

Sunday night 2013 I saw Phoenix close the JP tent and it was a perfect end to the festival. Short set but they were so great. There was a spontaneous group dance and singalong after the set to New York New York by Frank SInatra.

Edited by Calvin Klein