Regrets? I've had a few...

BluePaul

1 hour ago, Mwk525 said:

My biggest regrets are watching Ellie Goulding instead of catfish and the bottlemen and watch Ed sheeran in general! 
Ed was the worst headliner I’ve watched.

I forgot/erased Ed Sheeran from memory. I got stuck in the crowd looking for mates after Biffy Clyro and ended up staying through Ed. Biggest downer to end the festival on

Edited by kaytee...

Missing what looked like an incredible Portishead performance on the Friday in 2013 because I wanted to be at the Pyramid for the first headliner back after a fallow year… The Arctic Monkeys just didn’t do it for me that night and when I arrived at the Other Stage in time for Portishead’s last two songs I realised I had made a terrible mistake. 

Any regrets I have are minor compared to some in this thread, but I wish I hadn't gotten so wrecked before Lizzo in '19. Thought a little bit of brownie might be the right vibe for Hozier but way overdid it and don't remember much of her or Sigrid. Think I had a good time though, just zero memory. Also wish I'd skipped Corbyn on the Pyramid and gone to see Busted but it felt like a big moment so I'm not too worked up about it - just think Busted would have been a fun time. 

Easily the worst mistake I've made was getting in my head about traffic in 2016 and getting the bus back to Bristol during Coldplay. Didn't occur to me that the train station would close overnight... Ended up huddling in the lobby of the Travelodge down the road until morning, covered in mud and watching 24/7 news 🙃

1 hour ago, Dave_c said:

We had to leave on Sunday night in 2016 and decided to get on the road early and miss Justice. After watching it back I was absolutely raging that we missed it. 

Dilemma I have this year is whether to see Paul McCartney or not. I feel like I should because it will never happen again but equally not really fussed. Anyone else facing this dilemma?

Wasn't justice 2017?

3 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Said it too many times on here but Sheeran for Justice due to peer pressure, one of my life’s biggest regrets let alone Glastonbury.

Also Sunday 2015, I was just wiped out in the afternoon, really wanted to see Future Islands after Lionel and then my main act of the weekend was the Chemical Brothers. Instead I just stayed at the Pyramid and half slept through Alt-J, then made it over to the Other and sat on the ground during Jamie T. When the Chems came on I just didn’t enjoy it because I wasn’t buzzed enough.

Basically it all came down to poor drink management, I didn’t drink enough earlier enough, and allowed the fatigue to take over me rather than powering through. The annoying thing was that after The Chems our group met up (some had stayed at the Pyramid for Weller/The Who) at Arcadia and the buzz kind of revived us, we ended up in the SE corner until sunrise so it wasn’t all bad, but it just shows I could’ve brought that forward to the afternoon and enjoyed the acts I wanted to if I’d put my mind to it.

Have some mates that drunkenly found themselves at Sheeran over Justice. It's not talked about 

2 hours ago, kaytee... said:

I forgot/erased Ed Sheeran from memory. I got stuck in the crowd looking for mates after Biffy Clyro and ended up staying through Ed. Biggest downer to end the festival on

Glasto doesn’t end when they pyramid does… still have another 5 and half hours after that! 😳😂

3 hours ago, Mark H said:

Missing what looked like an incredible Portishead performance on the Friday in 2013 because I wanted to be at the Pyramid for the first headliner back after a fallow year… The Arctic Monkeys just didn’t do it for me that night and when I arrived at the Other Stage in time for Portishead’s last two songs I realised I had made a terrible mistake. 

This! But the other way round. My son desperately wanted to see the Artic Monkeys so we went back to the pyramid for the last couple. He has seen them all over Europe since… that Portishead set is still a highlight for me, so wish I had seen the end

7 hours ago, Calvin Klein said:

LCD in 2016 was perfect. I missed the first two songs because we were at Grimes and run all the way to the Other stage just in time for I Can Change. Still up there with the best shows I've been to.

And this… Coldplay was third choice but somewhat trapped by the mud. They did end up being a memorable  headliner for all the non musical reasons but kicked myself when I watched LCD soundsystem afterwards 😭 

I left Glastonbury just before David Bowie came on in I think it was 2000. It wasn't that I was oblivious to the man's work. It was because my brain just couldn't take any more sensory input. I simply had to get away, and get away at that moment. I wasn't drunk or drugged up, but I was frazzled. Completely frazzled. 

I'm not going to go through it all again, but it was an eventful festival. and a sunny hot one, if memory serves me right. A friend had given me some military grade acid on the Thursday morning. And that was that. Figuratively speaking i kind of bent down and continued down and through my own legs so that I was in the position of looking at and into my own arsehole. and that was it - the mind was blown. No need to declare myself unfit for command to my friends, as they were all pretty much in the same boat. It get's 'deeper' than that, but that'll have to suffice because ...................................................................................

....................................  I'm in danger of going up my own arsehole again. What's new I hear you all cry! lol

I have got it wrong so many times.  I long ago decided the answer was not to care.

My worst regrets:

Missing Lorde last time she played.  I've seen the coverage, it was amazing.
Orbital 2010.  I chose Gomez (who were amazing but came on so late I could have seen virtually the whole Orbital set and instead was waiting around ages for a band to come on late).
Chemical brothers 2015, for some insane reason I decided at the last minute to go see The Who phone it in.  I'm told it was an almost religious experience at the other stage.
I don't know who I missed Sunday night in 2013, but I saw the fucking mumfords.  I'd seen 2 amazing headline sets the previous evenings (Portishead and the stones) and it was just a flat, dull performance where the crowd woke up for 2 songs.
Deciding to go back to my tent for a rest stop, sat on Pennard hill and hearing "For a minute there, I lost myself" from the choir of the Park stage crowd, knowing I'd missed something special.
Not seeing Lady Gaga in 2009.  Looking back I am gutted to have missed that now, but I didn't know then what I was missing.
Finally, being talked into leaving early in 2000 as our lift home had fallen through and someone we met had a van they could fit us in.  I missed Bowie and had to watch it on the telly.

20 hours ago, Beaver89 said:

Never seeing Frightened Rabbit is one now. They were on after Christine and Queens the year she played Other. I could have stayed. No idea where I was instead. I didn't know them then though so again - only hindsight.

Not to rub it in, but that Other set was fantastic. Landed a barrier spot, had a great time despite the rain and blagged a setlist by being loud and Scottish in the direction of the security. The Williams Green gig later on in the day was even better though. Living in Colour was an easy highlight of the weekend. 

6 minutes ago, oakdown said:

Not to rub it in, but that Other set was fantastic. Landed a barrier spot, had a great time despite the rain and blagged a setlist by being loud and Scottish in the direction of the security. The Williams Green gig later on in the day was even better though. Living in Colour was an easy highlight of the weekend. 

They didn't play a lot of their "hits" for that set mind. They were saved for the Williams Green (?) set later in the same day which I didn't go to but a friend did. Having said that so so I'm glad I saw them. 

Edited by kemosabe